Business Development Manager, Large Market
Job no: 503543
Brand: FCM Travel Solutions
Work type: Full time
Location: Beijing, China
FCM Travel Solutions is part of the Flight Centre Travel Group, one of the largest travel companies in the world, with over 20,000 employees in 90 countries and a turnover of AUD19.3 billion. Leveraging Flight Centre’s negotiating strength and supplier relationships in conjunction with our unique service model and innovative technology, FCM has rapidly become one of the top five travel management companies in the world.
Due to rapid expansion, we are seeking hungry and experienced sales professionals to join the team in Beijing, China. You will be responsible for acquiring new corporate clients, so that they start managing their travel through FCM. Reporting into the Director of Sales, North Asia you will have the opportunity to be a key part of our continued growth across the region.
In March 2017 we won “Best Workplace Culture & Engagement” at the HRM Awards and we are confident that it’s the focus on our people that has played such a huge part in the growth of our business. We believe work should be challenging and fun, and that every person should have an exciting future with a clear pathway to achieving their career goals. As such, the position offers a competitive, performance-based remuneration package, as well as exciting career development opportunities.
- 3+ years’ solid track record of successful B2B development/sales (sales experience in the travel industry is a plus).
- Fluency in Chinese & English (written and verbal).
- A passion for travel and the travel industry.
- Strong skills in communication and persuasion.
- Self-motivated, independent with strong interpersonal skills and a hunger for success.
- Ability to develop relationships at a strategic level.
- Ability to conduct presentations/product demonstrations in a confident/engaging manner.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to engage with various levels of staff and management.
- Sound commercial knowledge, with the ability to analyse financial data and build a basic business case.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office programs and Salesforce.com (or similar).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Achieve defined monthly, quarterly and annual sales and total transaction value (TTV) targets.
- Develop and execute a sales plan to target key prospective accounts.
- Identify, evaluate and prioritise new business opportunities, using a variety of cold-calling, networking and other prospection methods.
- Be the face of FCM and represent us when meeting key decision makers, in order to create new sales opportunities and foster successful and solid relationships with them.
- Become an expert in FCM’s service and value proposition.
- Use a ‘challenger sales’ methodology, delivering strong sales presentations and articulating FCM’sservice and value proposition in a passionate and concise manner
- Accurately forecast projected sales revenue
- Write value-driven customer proposals and create highly professional responses to RFI/Ps to maximise win-rates.
- Effectively capture and communicate customer requirements internally, completing timely handovers of closed sales to the account management team, providing the key details needed to maximise the TTV with FCM.
- Collaborate with other internal departments (finance, operations, product, HR) where necessary to resolve other client-related matters.
- Consistently use Salesforce CRM database to manage activity and results, using reporting to analyse performance and identify areas of self-improvement.
- Always act in the best interest of FCM, operating within our business philosophies.
- Communicate with leadership on all relevant issues in a timely way and deliver reports/analysis requested by management in a thorough and complete manner
FCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer searching for talented, driven people who have a desire to build a rewarding career in a company that loves to celebrate your success! By joining the FCM team, you'll discover first hand why we're recognised around the world as an outstanding employer. Interested? Apply today to explore this amazing opportunity!
Back to search results Apply now