Human Resources Manager - Waltham MA
Job no: 503234
Work type: Full time
Categories: Business Support
StudentUniverse, the world's leading travel booking engine for students and young adults is seeking a Human Resources Manager to be based in Waltham, MA. The HR Manager will ensure human resource efforts are aligned with business needs, support the strategic plan and company mission, vision and core values. This role focuses on working with StudentUniverse employees to promote a culture of positive employee relations and engagement.
- Listen to and address employee needs and concerns. Actively promote and address legitimate employee concerns with Management
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues
- Optimize and execute work processes in all aspects of Human Resources (including but not limited to: payroll and benefits, supporting learning and development efforts, compensation, onboarding and termination)
- Ensure compliance with all government and company HR policies and procedures.
- Responsible for StudentUniverse recruitment
- Work with the FlightCentre HR team to ensure policies and procedures are consistent across business units
- Plan and execute yearly company events
- Flexible and can collaborate effectively with other members of the HR team located in NJ
- Ability to manage remotely a small HR team in our Dumaguete call center
- Strong sense of team mentality, reliability, and can also work well independently
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to support employee development
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in HR (PHR or other HR Certifications are preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience providing HR support
- Experience with: recruiting, training, employee relations & investigations, HR reporting
- Experience working with Paylocity a plus
- Benefits experience is a plus
- Familiarity with FMLA
- Familiarity with immigration policies is a plus
- Public Relations knowledge is a plus
What StudentUniverse can offer:
- Discounted travel benefits, which include IATA’s travel benefits
- National and international awards nights
- Free and confidential access to our own in-house financial advisors
- Unbeatable company culture
- Health Benefits, including Medical, Vision and Dental
- Company matching 401k, and stock options
- On-site fitness center, free parking, and free snacks/beer fridge
At StudentUniverse, we’re on a mission to make global experiences possible. Because we believe travel has the power to enlighten, inspire and change lives for the better. We offer special rates on flights, hotels and tours that allowing students to travel more and spend less. We negotiate student and youth prices specifically for 18-25-year-olds by working directly with dozens of world-class partners and more than 90 airlines. Membership is free, and millions of students use our service every year.
StudentUniverse launched in 2000 and was acquired by Flight Centre Travel Group in 2015. We’re headquartered in Boston and have offices in London, and the Philippines.
Location: Waltham, MA
FCTG USA is an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Back to search results Apply now