Business Developement Manager - Los Angeles, CA
Job no: 502810
Brand: GOGO Vacations
Work type: Full time
Location: Must live within 1 hour’s drive of the Los Angeles market.
Territory: Will cover the states of AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY.
About Our Opportunity:
The GOGO Vacations Business Development Manager (BDM) is a highly motivated individual whose role involves owning our ever-changing business client relationships. The primary focus of this role is to work within your territory to develop and grow new and existing relationships, achieving annual business year over year growth while constantly working to improve the overall customer experience.
The role will possess expert knowledge of the North American travel industry landscape including both business to business and business to consumer travel distribution models as well as knowledge of the vacation products and destinations which we sell. Expert knowledge of our company value propositions, sales operations and brand offerings will lead to the successful placement and growth of account business. The role will require a high degree of flexibility in day to day operations, thinking “outside the box”, possessing the ability to plan while also the ability to adjust and adapt to a constantly changing environment. Key to this role will be working with internal cross-functional teams (executive, sales engagement, sales operations, marketing, product and support teams) while delivering on year over year growth across their territory.
Duties and Responsibilities
Account Relationship Management
- To hold regular client visits or communications within existing territory for client relationship development and maintenance with the goal of increasing annual year over year sales production.
- To conduct in-person and virtual sales calls across your territory.
- To participate/negotiate and implement account marketing/co-operative activities and opportunities along with account contracts (where applicable).
- To attend social and business events for business development and client relationships with the goal of improving year of year annual sales production.
- To ensure customer service resolutions with challenges that arise while working hand in hand with sales operations.
Communication and Motivation:
- To provide a weekly update of territory sales and to identify new client opportunities.
- To attend weekly sales meetings as required with sales team.
- To attend meetings with operational teams as required.
Reporting and Administration:
- To deliver sales activity reports and weekly summary reports to the sales leadership team.
Branding and Collateral:
- To prepare and provide accounts on a weekly/monthly or ad hoc basis with written materials such as but not limited to sales production reports, account business development plans and marketing plans (including co-operative opportunities)
- Providing accounts (virtually or in person) with updates weekly, monthly or on an ad hoc basis as it relates to new business initiatives, reporting or requests.
- Follow daily and weekly Salesforce activity requirements.
- To be an enthusiastic participant in team meetings by offering new ideas as well as proactive responses and solutions to challenges.
- Actively develop industry-specific and specialized knowledge within the travel industry to be a source of information for accounts and sales team alike.
- Contribute to the profitability of GOGO Vacations by providing efficient account growth, support and customer service.
- To undertake administrative or general office duties as delegated by sales leadership team.
- To embrace FC USA Inc.’s Company Philosophies and the GOGO Vacations Service Agreements.
- To be open and accepting of Company and Industry change.
- Promote effective communication ensuring accuracy of brand and account related materials while using discretion with confidential company information.
- Must live within 1 hour’s drive of the Los Angeles market.
- Territory will cover the states of AK, AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY.
- Bilingual is a plus (Spanish and English).
- Exceptional written, verbal and public speaking communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in sales, with a preference in travel customer relationship management experience
- Experienced with and functional knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Travel is a required and an integral part of this role with a minimum of 60% monthly travel (within territory, domestically or internationally).
- Strong financial acumen. Including analysis, preparing, reviewing and making financial recommendations.
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook).
- Experience in negotiating.
- Self-starter, resourceful and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Adept at working from home, a private area to work in free of interruptions.
- Internet at home: Cable internet preferred. Speeds need to be minimum 5 Mbps download speed and 2 Mbps upload speed. (To check your internet speed, go to http://www.speedtest.net/). We do not support dial-up, Satellite connections, or Wifi (e.g. 4G LTE) connections.
- Phones: Mobile. We support a BYOD mobile phone plan and will provide you with a number and cover monthly service costs. In addition, we will provide a traditional office phone for your home office which is connected through your cable provider.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Important information about our application process:
Flight Centre Travel Group, USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Back to search results Apply now