Enter the exciting and rewarding world of travel
If you have a passion for travel and some experience in retail, hospitality, sales or customer service, then you may be great as a Travel Sales Consultant for Flight Centre. Join other like-minded travel enthusiasts and get paid to sell air, land, cruise, tours and related travel experiences that make people's dreams come to life.
What are we looking for in our future Travel Sales Consultants?
A passion for travel
Our customers come to us because we’re the experts in travel and we love the joy it brings! To live up to the level of travel knowledge and experience that they expect, you should be a passionate traveller who has explored at least three countries outside of Australia.
Driven to sell... and excel!
When you work with us, you’ll have clear sales targets which are reviewed and discussed daily within your team. Your pay structure will be performance oriented, meaning the more you sell the more you'll earn. To be happy and successful in this environment, you need to be someone who is extremely goal-driven and ambitious, stopping at nothing to deliver outstanding customer service.
Relevant previous employment
Experience leads to confidence, which is essential when you’re bringing travel dreams to life. To join the team, you'll need a minimum of four years’ work experience demonstrating that you’re great at building relationships with customers and driven to exceed their expectations.
As one of our team, you'll have a heap of fun while enjoying an attractive performance-based pay structure that rewards success. You'll be in a store as close as possible to home in order to minimise your travel time and can look forward to progression opportunities that go hand-in-hand with being part of one of the world's largest travel agent groups.
If you've worked as a Retail Sales / Retail Assistant, Sales Assistant / Sales Rep / Salesperson / Sales Consultant, Restaurant Waiter / Waitress / Waitperson, Hospitality / Bartender you probably have skills that are suited to the role.
Keen to find out more? Apply now.
It takes less than 10 minutes and is easy, even on mobile.
Roles are currently available in and around Geelong.
We are well-known for our strong culture, fun people, global footprint and exciting career opportunities – plus we sell the most exciting, and the best product in the world – travel.
Do you want to share your real passion for travel with other travellers and holiday makers every single day?
About the opportunity:
Our Travel Consultants, craft personalised travel experiences for our customers by building strong relationships to really understand what our customers are looking for in their next holiday. Right now we are on the lookout for travel-loving people to be an integral part of our customer's travel experiences by becoming Travel Consultants.
While working in our retail stores, you will be building a successful career path in an industry you'll love. This could be the start of something big...
What will I be doing?
- Your first four weeks will be spent soaking up information provided by our award-winning trainers in Welcome Aboard training. Here you'll learn about our fantastic product offering, how to use our booking systems and our steps to providing a fantastic customer service and sale process.
- As our next travel expert, you will plan, book and craft your customer’s next personalised travel experience
- You will provide excellent customer service using your outstanding communication skills; face-to-face, online, and over the phone
- Using your excellent people skills you'll build strong, ongoing relationships with your customers
- You'll be a valuable part of your new team, contributing to your team's success by working towards sales targets and by actively helping to create a positive environment
What experience and skills do I need?
- You have experience in a retail or customer service role
- You are available to work full-time retail hours, including weekends and public holidays
- You have strong self-motivation with an ability to determine solutions
- You have unrestricted work rights within Australia (over 12 months)
- You have travelled to a variety of international and domestic destinations
- You are organised, customer-focused, and a brilliant communicator
- You have completed year 12 or equivalent
What work perks will I have access to?
- We offer all of our people both free health and wellness consultations and free financial planning guidance
- As one of the world's greatest travel companies, of course we offer fantastic discounted travel benefits to help you to see more of the world
- Your success is always high priority, we offer ongoing training, development and career opportunities
- We're a social bunch, so there's plenty of opportunity to enjoy complimentary social events from monthly award nights to gala balls
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are ready to launch your career with Flight Centre, apply today.
Please note: You need only apply for one role with Flight Centre Travel Group as the Recruitment Team will consider your application for all brands and businesses within the state or territory that you have applied for.