FCM - Corporate Travel Consultant
FCM takes a holistic approach to corporate travel, specializing in managing national and global travel programs for medium and large businesses.
Ranked as one of the world’s top five travel management companies, it has a business network in over 97 countries and global headquarters in London, Brisbane, Singapore and New York. Backed by the global strength of Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG), FCM combines local expertise and global experience to provide clients with a truly bespoke experience.
Established in June 2004, FCM has been named World’s Best Travel Management Company for eight years running at the World Travel Awards.
To learn more about FCM please click HERE
About The Opportunity
This role will have you arranging domestic and complex international travel for busy executives including air, car, hotel, and ground transportation. Before you begin your role, you will spend three weeks (paid) training remote. This program will boost your knowledge, train you on contract airfares and sharpen your Sabre skills.
Our dedicated corporate travel agents handle the air, car, hotel, and ground transportation bookings as well as the ticketing, changes, exchanges, and queue management for a single enterprise level client.
Our business hours are 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET Monday – Friday. We also have positions available looking for evening/weekend and after-hours availability.
A typical schedule will include a 40-hour work week with five 8-hour shifts.
Comprehend and strictly comply with Canadian travel policies for multiple corporate accounts, ensuring adherence to regulations and guidelines specific to the Canadian market.
Provide unparalleled customer service, consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of business travelers.
Keep clients informed about essential travel documents and health requirements for countries visited by travelers, ensuring compliance and peace of mind.
Build rapport and establish lasting relationships with business travelers, serving as a trusted and capable Corporate Travel professional.
Efficiently manage bookings for air, car, rail, and ground transportation i, optimizing travel arrangements based on travel preferences.
Coordinate domestic and international itineraries with precision and meticulous attention to detail, considering Canadian-specific travel requirements.
Complete all reservations accurately and promptly, maintaining the highest level of professionalism in accordance with business travel standards.
Offer consultative service throughout the booking process, providing valuable guidance and recommendations to travelers.
Skillfully handle ticketing, adjustments, exchanges, and queue management, resolving issues promptly and professionally in alignment with travel practices.
Cultivate strong relationships with business travelers, earning their trust as a reliable and proficient Corporate Travel professional in the market.
Demonstrate proficiency in understanding and adhering to travel policies for high-volume corporate accounts.
Deliver exceptional customer service to Canadian business travelers, ensuring their utmost satisfaction in the corporate travel sector.
Exceed expectations by consistently meeting and surpassing the needs and requirements of business travelers.
Experience & Qualifications
Bi-Lingual in French & English strongly preferred
2 years + recent experience in Corporate Travel required
2 years + recent knowledge and experience using Sabre required
2 years + recent experience with complex ticketing & exchanges
2 years + recent experience working with OBT's (Online Booking Tools) and associated queues
OPC/TICO Certification or ability to complete within 30 days of employment
Possesses solid technical skills to efficiently assist customers with urgent and complex requests
Professional and polished demeanor, demonstrating excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form
Proficiency in handling complex international fares.
Possess a professional and service-oriented mindset.
Proficiency in geographical and international destination knowledge is essential.
Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail along with strong written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Demonstrates the ability to efficiently multitask while maintaining exemplary professional relationships with corporate clients.
Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office 365 suite, including tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive, to enhance productivity and streamline business processes.
Exhibits exceptional problem-solving skills with a demonstrated history of effective decision-making.
Possesses excellent written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Demonstrates proficiency in utilizing personal computers and a diverse range of software packages.
Capable of working autonomously while consistently delivering high productivity and maintaining a standard of exceptional work quality.
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity Day: paid leave to observe holiday or cultural celebration of your choice
- Employee Resource Groups (Racial Equity, Gender Equity, LGBTQ2IA+, Accessibility, Environmental Justice)
- DEI education
- Commitment to fair practices such as regular equity assessments and inclusive recruitment protocols
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- Many of our offices are Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Gold certified buildings
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
- Generous paid time off policy
- Travel perks/discounts
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Group benefits including extended health care, dental and vision, gender affirming care, fertility care
- Insurance including life, AD&D, critical illness, long term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP/RPP with matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Share Plan – Ability to purchase company stock on Australian Stock Exchange with partial company match, subject to terms and conditions
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
Location – Calgary, AB (Hybrid)
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then APPLY NOW.
This role can be performed onsite or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Centre Travel Group’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org