Distribution Specialist - Brisbane, QLD
Job no: 516706
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Fixed Term Contract, Hybrid
Location: New South Wales, Queensland
Categories: Wholesale & Product, Leisure Travel & Retail
About the Business
Global Supply is Flight Centre Travel Group’s global in-house product procurement and consolidation business, servicing a number of Flight Centre’s worldwide selling businesses including Liberty Travel, GoGo Worldwide Vacations and Flight Centre Asia.
Based in either Brisbane or Sydney, this position on offer is an initial 12 month contract, with the possibility to extend.
About the Opportunity
Work within the Global Supply Distribution discipline to enhance the Product database load and distribution process to be more efficient and accurate. Using your initiative and technical ability you will identify, investigate, and implement new technical solutions that increase Distribution team members’ productivity via smarter and more automated processes.
You will work collaboratively with other departments to ensure the successful integration of new initiatives and processes. You will identify areas within content that would benefit from enhancement and work with internal teams to ensure smooth delivery. By using defined processes and independent judgement, you will properly diffuse escalated or more complex issues in the most expedient manner possible. You will maintain strong relationships with our supplier partners and vendors to increase speed to market.
You will empower Distribution team members to improve work processes through training new initiatives as required. You are invested in, and take ownership of, your own development, and actively promote change within the business. Due to your efforts, content is entered and distributed to market in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner, thus maximising total transaction volume and allowing for ease of sale to the selling partners. You should generally work to maximising the profits of Flight Centre Travel Group’s global brands.
Product to Market
- Accurate and timely database management
- Challenge processes to be more efficient and accurate
- Get product to market ensuring competitiveness
- Maximise availability of product
- Prioritisation of product and work
- Analysis of data
Content Project Management
- Using Load experience and knowledge, review proposed projects and drive to have implemented within the business
- Work to timelines to deliver into the business when required
- Work with other departments to ensure the roll out success of new initiatives
Distribution and Quality Assurance
- Price shopping and investigation competitiveness issues
- Work with leaders to ensure manuals and processes are being adhered to and that there is a consistency across all the teams
- Identify opportunities to and create new Quality Assurance reports to minimise write-offs
- Identify, assess, and examine current write-offs to determine preventative measures going forward
- Minimise write-offs via distribution and load
- Determine best ways to verify distribution of product
- Ease of Sale
Empowerment of Team Members through training and automation
- Document new tools ready for training
- Work with other Distribution Support team members in upskilling team members
- Investigate and implement technical solutions to assist in the load and distribution process
- Participate in platform developments and subsequent version release testing and rollout
- Ensure distribution teams have automation tools in place to be as efficient as possible
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years' travel/wholesale industry experience with demonstrated understanding of product distribution
- Proven technical ability in product databases, wholesale travel systems, MS Office suite
- Proven ability to challenge the process and/or problem-solving incorporating a technology, solutions-based focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to resolve issues independently
- Provide outstanding service to internal business and external suppliers
Benefits on offer....
- Salary on offer - $58 k plus super/incentives
- Access to ongoing training- Individualised Learning & Development pathway options
- Exclusive retail discounts - accessible via our employee-only portal with 350+ of Australia’s leading retailers
- Huge Travel discounts including family and friends, health and wellness discounts, financial planning advice and more
- Flexibility- Monday to Friday week, business hours – Have your weekends to yourself, (60/40 WFH/Office)
- Brightness of future - career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses in over 20 countries - we promote from within
- Corporate Health Discounts - access exclusive discounts on health insurance plans for you and your family with our partner, BUPA.
- Regular awards nights, social team building events, and opportunity to attend global conference (Bali 2023)
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, workplace giving and volunteer leave
- Find our full list of benefits here: https://www.fctgcareers.com/why-work-with-us/benefits-in-each-country/australia
Our Talent Acquisition Team kindly requests no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Flight Centre Travel Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend