Reconciliations Associate – Hybrid, Toronto
Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) is one of the world’s largest travel retailers and corporate travel managers. The company, which is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia has company-owned leisure and corporate travel business in 23 countries, spanning Australia, New Zealand, the Americas, Europe, the United Kingdom, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates and Asia. FCTG also operates a global corporate travel management network, which extends to more than 90 countries through company-owned businesses and independent licensees. The company opened its first leisure travel shop in Sydney, Australia in 1982 and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1995. Our purpose is to “open up the world for those who want to see”. Every day, we give people all around the world the opportunity to experience something really amazing – travel!
To learn more about Flight Centre Travel Group please click HERE
About The Opportunity
As a member of Corporate Central Finance – The Americas, the Reconciliations Accountant will assist with credit card, customer, vendor, bank, and commission reconciliations across the Corporate brands in the Flight Centre Travel Group businesses (USA and Canada) as well as other reconciliation projects as assigned. Duties include depositing and reconciling cheques, reconciling credit card statements and following up on outstanding items, assisting operational teams with financial queries in a timely manner (within the agreed service level agreement), researching and noting discrepancies in customer reconciliations, assisting with bank reconciliation queries, and other misc. clerical tasks as assigned.
- Perform a high volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize within tight deadlines
- Learn new internal accounting systems, processes and procedures quickly
- Advise operations team members and central finance team members of discrepancies identified to ensure quick resolution
- Track status of all bank reconciliations and communicate them with central finance team members
- Ensure compliance with company policies, relevant accounting standards and FCTG minimum standards for financial systems and processes
- Take on other duties as assigned
Experience & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent, including courses in accounting (post-secondary education is desirable)
- 2+ years of experience in bookkeeping, accounts payable, or other applicable finance related work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (desirable) and Microsoft Outlook
- High attention to detail
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess strong initiative to resolve issues and pursue opportunities as they are identified
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change and a pressured work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a hybrid work structure that combines both remote and in-person work.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Diversity Day: paid leave to observe holiday or cultural celebration of your choice Annual Charity Trip
- DEI education
- Commitment to fair practices such as regular equity assessments and inclusive recruitment protocols
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, volunteering and fundraising
- Employee giving program
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP with matching
- Employee Share Plan
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
Location – Toronto, Canada
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then APPLY NOW.
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
his position may be performed remotely anywhere within Canada in accordance with the company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy except for the province of PEI
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
Our number one philosophy? Our people. Flight Centre Travel Group’s promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversity of our society.
We are committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment process. We welcome accommodation requests to make our hiring and onboarding experience as accessible as possible. Please advise us about accommodation needs at any point by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com