Asia Contracting Leader
Job no: 514084
Work type: Full time
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Categories: Wholesale & Product
Asia Contracting Leader
is searching for a passionate, determined Asia Contracting Leader to lead the delivery of a world-class product range!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
About the Opportunity
You will lead our Asia Contracting Teams to deliver a market leading product range for Discova’s key customer segments of GIT, FIT/Tailormade, In-destination, Groups and Educational Travel. As member of the Supply & Distribution leadership team, you engage with business stakeholders to ensure a sustainable sourcing program that focuses on development of long-term partnerships with suppliers, minimising risk and increasing financial returns.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for developing and executing a strategic procurement strategy that aligns with the business’ objectives for growth and drives competitive advantage through reduction in procurement costs, efficiency improvements and profit maximisation
- Standardise contract analysis to improve negotiations and ensure competitive contracts
- Ownership of Preferred Supplier and channelling strategy to increase margin and create value/differentiation while ensuring ROI to suppliers
- Drive best practice in contract negotiations to maximise total contract margin and participate and/or lead critical negotiations and implement escalation and review thresholds
- Min 8 years’ experience in travel industry procurement with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Ability to identify and take advantage of changing market trends
- Comprehensive travel industry knowledge and destination experience
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing business strategy
- Track record in leading multiple teams
- Experience in developing best practice processes across regional locations
- Demonstrated contract negotiation skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills across a variety of cultures
- Creative problem solver with results orientation
- Strong team motivator and empathetic leader
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours as required
- Excellent communicator to a diverse range of people (customers, suppliers, team members, leaders)
- Personally aligned with Discova’s company purpose and values
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and Discova’s systems would be an advantage
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend