Software Architect - South Brisbane, QLD
Job no: a513900LF
Brand: Global Supply
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
About your opportunity...
Flight Centre Travel Group are looking for a experienced Solution Architect to join our Global Land and Packaging team, this role sits as part of the Global Supply Product Management and Engineering area. In this role, you will be tasked with the management and future modernisation of our product distribution platform.
You will collaborate with product managers, engineers and vendors in the solution design and delivery of initiatives that are focused on providing solutions that simplify the traveller experience and empower our Supply business to be able to provide the best products in the world. You will also be part of a larger architecture community of practice, representing the GLPS team world as part of the systems ecosystem.
We are a diverse team, so being an excellent communicator is essential as it will be your responsibility to make complex things seem simple across a range of stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity as we rebuild and modernise large enterprise GLPS solutions that are critical in multiple regions. We are growing so that we can deliver modern, quality solutions to achieve our strategic challenges for the future.
What You will Do...
- Management of the architecture of an enterprise application using .NET and SQL Server
- Play a consulting role with business leaders around the future strategic and tactical directions of the products. Supporting decisions by collaborating and providing order of magnitude estimations (OOM) in solution optioning
- Assist in determining, developing, and improving technical solutions in support of business goals
- Analyse business requirements and problem solve to create the right solutions for our customers
- Maintain and improve our documentation across code bases, architectures, and our knowledge bases
- Supporting teams to understand the dependencies between systems impacted by the solution to allow for effective planning
- Collaborate in our cross-functional Product Management and Engineering teams to plan and deliver high quality solutions that support the wider leisure and corporate communities
- Be an impactful contributor to the team, to plan, design and build elegant solutions
- Take initiative and always look for ways to improve the quality of our solutions, code bases, technical debt, standards, processes, and best practices
What’s in it for you...
- Generous remuneration structure & Employee Share Scheme
- Travel & Accommodation discounts, in-house financial & health services, access to internal 24/7 gym & End-of-Trip Facility
- Ongoing training & professional development
- Flexible working environment, with WFH options available
- Brightness Of Future: Employees have the right to see a clear pathway to achieving career ambitions, and promotion and transfers from within are our preference
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
Who we are...
At Flight Centre Travel Group, our vision is to open up the world for those who want to see.
As a global travel retailer, our people come from all different backgrounds, and our connections spread to the far reaches of the globe. Together, we are a family.
We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve. We embrace new experiences, seize all opportunities, and empower all of our people to find their Brightness of Future.
We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to make incredible ideas a reality. We deliver quality solutions that delight our customers.
We reward valuable contributions and efforts, and work collaboratively to achieve strategic priorities.
Irreverence. Ownership. Egalitarianism.
FCTG does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to FCTG and no fee will be payable
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend