Data Scientist, Digital, Corporate Brands- Toronto, CAN
Job no: 513694
Work type: Full time
Categories: Marketing, Web, Creative & UX, Information & Technology
Data Scientist, Digital, Corporate Brands
As a Data Scientist at FCTG, you will be working closely with fellow data scientists, engineers, and business leaders across all domains of the Flight Centre globally.
The role will be responsible for leading the Marketing Data Strategy and associated projects for Global Corporate Marketing.
The role will be hands-on in developing and deploying machine learning algorithms, forecasting models, API microservices, and other statistical tools to provide commercially actionable insights and support better business decisions.
- Work with SVP Digital, CMO and Global Brand to develop and deliver the Marketing Data Strategy and roadmap to improve data quality, reporting and insights.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Business Intelligence team and business areas to understand company needs, identify and integrate new and existing data sources, research possible solutions, and develop statistical learning models for data analysis.
- Be hands on in the development of machine learning models from ideation to batch and real-time deployments.
- Apply advanced statistical/mathematical/engineering techniques to develop, maintain and improve time series forecasting models
- Lead efforts in measuring, tracking, and reporting for all marketing channels including Google Analytics, Datorama, and individual platforms.
- Conduct research on machine learning and deep learning methods and technologies
- Identify innovative use cases for data science applications throughout the business
- Present outcomes in a well-articulated and widely understood manner to ensure strategic delivery and deployment
- Stitch together a comprehensive and compelling story that helps describe analytical results and strengthen insight-driven decision-making
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong experience and theoretical knowledge of advanced forecasting methods and associated time-series data wrangling.
- Proven application of machine learning algorithms in production.
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering principles.
- Demonstrated ability with data visualisation tools such as PowerBi, Tableau or Datorama.
- High level of experience with Python using NumPy, SciPy, Pandas or similar.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (preferred), AWS, or GCP
- Experience with explainable machine learning methods
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering principles
- Ability to write structured and well documented code
- Some experience with Natural Language Processing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and information accuracy
- Ability to create a vision, shared goals and drivers. Ability to analyse and communicate Business Intelligence program information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate across different levels within the FCTG organisation and aligned to different stakeholder needs/ drivers
- This is the critical role for corporate brands, a multi-billion dollar portfolio including FCM and Corporate Traveller. As such, candidates require in excess of 3+ years experience as a Data Scientist in Marketing or Similar Business Units.
- Degree in computer programming, mathematics, statistics required. MBA or Master of Data Science desirable.
- Experience with Salesforce and marketing data platforms such as Google Analytics, Digital Media Analytics.
- Experience in marketing, B2B or travel industry.
- Experience with other Business Intelligence tools (Power BI
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Azure ML
- Experience with Data lakes
- Experience with transaction SQL
- Proven ability to scale data and intelligence to develop strategic, actionable insights.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP with matching
- Employee Share Plan
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location – Toronto, Canada
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend