Product Manager, Mobile App + Conversion
StudentUniverse, is a Boston-based travel tech company that operates the world's largest student and youth online travel marketplace.
StudentUniverse’s parent company, Flight Centre Travel Group is based in Brisbane, Australia and is one of the world’s largest travel agency groups with company owned operations in 23 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries.
Our product & vision
StudentUniverse was born out of the desire to empower students and youth to travel more by accessing uniquely priced airfares, without the hassle of physical ID cards. We are believers in travel experiences; that they can teach students things they cannot learn in the classroom. Travel better prepares young people to influence the world. We empower students and youth to travel more. We need your help to get us there!
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a skilled Product Manager who is passionate and capable of building great digital products which solve real customer problems. We want someone who can collaborate with Product Designers, Engineers, Data teams, and stakeholders to name a few. You inspire others to do their best work and can consistently be counted upon to deliver results. You enjoy working closely with the engineering team and enjoy seeing your hypotheses come to life with the product with each release. You should be someone who is technically minded and is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to understand the technology which powers our capabilities. You need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile environment. You have great communication skills, able to convey information to others in a simple and unambiguous way.
Sound like a good fit for you?
What’s in it for you:
- You get to work in a dynamic environment full of super passionate and talented people where capabilities are enabled quickly at scale across the globe for travelers.
- You will grow and further develop your competencies working in a team-oriented results-driven environment where learning and collaboration is celebrated.
- We value and encourage autonomy for everyone, allowing you to make your own decisions and learn from the data. The success of the team is dependent upon the success of the individual.
- Define a clear roadmap of highly prioritized features and initiatives that deliver against the vision
- Continue to build a data-driven, test and learn approach in an agile environment to ensure successful product development
- Constantly identify and communicate the value and strategic vision of StudentUniverse products
- Create processes for collecting feedback from users, and prioritizing requests across an expanding number of businesses
- Communicate concisely with engineering and product leadership, and influence our technical strategy
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 3-5+ years experience in ecommerce Product Management
- Has experience in Conversion Rate Optimizations for both desktop and mobile, mobile app platforms
- Has experience with mobile app iOS/Android
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Has exceptional presentation, communication, collaboration, and analytical skills
- Has a good understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle as well as software concepts such as microservices, platforms, web applications, cloud architecture, security, APIs, and data management
- Has experience in the travel industry and/or love to travel
As a travel company, we embrace being global and would love to hear from anyone who wants to work from any one of our offices in Boston, Waltham, Toronto or London.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory 401K program
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location – Boston, MA
Any offer of employment in the USA that would require you to attend an office location or company event is contingent upon providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.