FCM Travel Consultant - All regions/flexible working options
Job no: 513394
Work type: Full time
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel
Due to our phenomenal growth, FCM Travel are currently recruiting enthusiastic, passionate individuals to join our Operations teams across our UK locations. Whether you're an experienced business travel consultant, or have relevant transferable skills and are looking to move into the industry, we provide flexible working options, across multiple locations with a competitive salary, full training and an excellent company benefits offering.
FCM Travel is a leading Corporate Travel Management Company blending global presence with local, flexible and personalized service. At FCM Travel, we still believe in people doing business with people. Our corporate travel teams are the best in the business; providing clients with exceptional service and product knowledge within a supportive team-based corporate office environment. We are one of the world's leading corporate travel and expense management consultancies. Backed by the reach and negotiating power of our global company, Flight Centre, we are able to source the most competitive daily prices on airfares, car rentals and hotels for our Corporate Travelers. FCM Travel is proud to celebrate a stellar performance in the World Travel Awards' program after being named the World's Leading Travel Management Company.
Our Business Travel Consultants are responsible for engaging with our clients and fulfilling their travel needs, delivering an amazing experience every time. Working directly with the Senior Team Manager, the FCM Travel Consultant is responsible for ensuring the necessary functions to fulfil our clients travel programme is exceeded. This role is an integral part and conduit between the client and our business and is often the first line of communication and relationship with the client and travellers.
Key components of this role:
- Delivering a strong service consistency through sound operational practices.
- Ensuring our service offerings to our clients is world class
- Displaying a high level of operational knowledge.
- Working as an operational member within the business
- Collaborating with their colleagues
- Building a strong and brighter future for FCM
- Lead by example-Demonstrate a positive attitude, motivation and adherence to our OBW processes. Lead by example in behaviour, attitude and results
- Intuitive-Forward thinking and able to identify business needs in advance and take steps to improve
- Effective communication-Demonstrate excellent, open and honest communication internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking-Able to manage time effectively to complete all tasks in a timely manner, maximising productivity
- Product knowledge-Knowledge of products and the desire to continue learning
- Detail orientated-Attentive to client and traveller's needs. Ability to actively listen and interpret requirements and provide sound and constructive information and options for travel
- Team Player-Ability and desire to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, both independently at times and within a team environment
- Experience in GDS systems - Desirable but not essential
- Industry and travel knowledge- Desirable but not essential
- A strong client focus and service ethic- Essential
- Positive and open-minded attitude with a willingness to adapt-Essential
What we offer:
- Generous remuneration structure and highly competitive salary; Regional starting wage £32,000/ London £40,000 plus incentives
- Welcome on Board Bonus of £2,000 (paid in your first 3 months)
- Excellent Company Benefits Package:
- Perkbox Rewards platform
- Active Hour (1 hour off, once a week for general well-being during working hours)
- Health Cash Plan
- Generous travel discounts through our in-house travel agent
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym memberships
- Employee Share Plan
- Pension Plan with matching contributions
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement (up to 30 days- including the option to purchase additional 5 days)
- Consistently recognised externally as a ’Great Place to Work’
- Fun, social, egalitarian culture with focus on ownership and responsibility
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Flexible working opportunities (hybrid/remote/office based)
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate who wants to build a career for themselves in the travel industry.
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend