Content Manager, Asia
Job no: 513094
Work type: Full time
Location: Singapore, Shanghai, China
Categories: Marketing, Web, Creative & UX
Flight Centre Travel Group (ASX:FLT) has grown to be the world’s largest travel agency since its founding in 1982. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, the company has more than 30 brands in its portfolio, 3000 retail shops worldwide and employs around 20,000 people. After starting as a leisure travel agency, the company is now also one of the world’s largest corporate travel managers through a network of specialist brands that includes FCM, Corporate Traveller, cievents, Campus Travel and Stage and Screen.
Operating in more than 90 countries and employing over 6000 people, FCM is transforming the business of travel through our empowered and accountable people who deliver a high level of service and a comprehensive technology suite bringing a wide range of solutions for Duty of Care, Reporting and Traveller’s peace of mind. Leveraging FCM's negotiating strength and supplier relationships in conjunction with our tailored business travel programs, our expertise and our innovative technology, we logically become the partner of choice of our customers.
About the Opportunity
The Content Manager for Asia is an integral role in our Global Corporate Marketing strategy. Based in Singapore or Shanghai, you will be working to produce engaging content that has a measurable impact for our customers and brands. Day to day you will be working in a small team of 5 writers globally based in our international hubs and you will primarily be responsible for content creation and co-ordination of freelancer or agency content creation. You'll be someone who is full of creative ideas, but equally loves getting stuck into delivering on a good brief. You are someone who can work autonomously and independently problem solve, as well as work within the greater brand or content team to deliver results, so you'll be backed by good communication and collaboration skills to contribute to the wider brand strategy.
This role would suit someone who has a passion for writing, along with a strong interest in content marketing to create purposeful, customer-led content.
This role is quite varied, covering content writing, production and content project management, however the most common day to day elements of the role include:
- Researching, planning and creating content briefs for our corporate brands to produce high-performing content pieces.
- Writing and editing content pieces for corporate brands aligned to their customer insights and brand guidelines & TOV across a variety of mediums including websites, blogs, third party sites, socials, emails, and more.
- Sourcing, organizing and project managing freelancers or contractors for all overflow work when required to execute content production externally.
- Project managing content development from inception through to delivery.
- Ensuring all content produced is in line with SEO and broader digital marketing best practices, and will ensure a positive on-site experience for the user.
- Completing content audits and creating content marketing strategies that are aligned to brand goals, objectives and industry standards.
- Producing content in line with the agreed-upon schedule with the brands, by project managing your own schedule and deliverables.
- Liaise and receive feedback from the internal content team or brand directly about delivered work, and implement feedback given through the editing process.
- Meeting team face to face or via teleconference to discuss content strategy, results, progress and next steps.
- Working closely with other teams including digital marketing & design to ensure strategies are well-aligned across disciplines and are all working to achieve brand goals.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Communication, Journalism, Marketing or Business.
- Experience in Corporate Travel/Travel Industry highly desirable.
- Proven experience in creating and executing digital content - ideally we are looking for at least 1 -2 year minimum in publishing, agency, in-house or freelance capacity.
- An excellent writer with a proven ability to write engaging and accurate copy.
- Experience writing across a range of different formats, in particular experience across blogs, landing pages, ad copy and email content will be strongly regarded.
- Editing and proofing skills with strong attention to detail - exceptional spelling, grammar and command of the English language.
- A passion for all things content marketing, and a keen interest to stay on top of the latest industry trends.
- Someone who is naturally curious and loves independently solving problems
- An ability to be creative and approach problem solving with ‘out of the box' thinking
- A high level of personal organization and the ability to take ownership and manage projects with many moving parts.
- High personal standards of customer service to external clients and internal teammates. This means meeting deadlines, being proactive and keeping flexible in your delivery to meet the goals of the client.
- Someone who enjoys working in a team environment and comfortable communicating directly with clients.
- Confident across Office Suite, Google Suite (Analytics, Search Console)
- A strong understanding of SEO best practices highly desirable
- Ability to write in Chinese highly desirable as the role may handle Chinese contents
Apply NOW if you want to be part of an amazing and vibrant culture that is the perfect fit for what you are looking for.
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend