Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Job no: 513084TN
Work type: Full time
Location: Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia
Categories: Leisure Travel & Retail, Information & Technology
About your opportunity...
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join a rapidly growing and established tech-focused division of Flight Centre Travel Group. Our division is focused solely on offering cheap flights online via our partnerships with Google Flights, Skyscanner, Kayak and many more. Your team is fast-paced, highly talented, friendly, focused and passionate about expanding two already dominant brands in Australia and New Zealand to the rest of the world!
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for creating solutions with your team to business goals throughout the software development lifecycle, on projects ranging from improvements to back-office systems, automation, new features on our web app, interfacing with APIs, building/maintaining services and much more.
This role offers great flexibility with options to work from home (fully remote in Australia if needed) or in our office just one block from the beach in Surfers Paradise.
- Designing solution architecture and software
- Ensuring that software is developed and tested to the agreed standards and specifications
- Developing user and internal-facing features
- Enhancement of existing web and back-office systems
- Writing unit test and testable code
- Performing code reviews
- Providing advice and mentorship to other members of the team
- Front-end framework experience, such as Vue.js (preferable), Angular, React.js etc
- Good UI/UX implementation skills in CSS (CSS3). SCSS (desirable)
- Experience with SQL, Entity Framework (desirable)
- Experience writing tests with C# framework, such as MSTest / NUnit etc.
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation (Azure desirable)
- Creating scalable systems
- Strong understanding of good API design principles
- Strong understanding of secure coding practices
- Strong understanding of common data structures, software design patterns and their application.
- Experience working within a highly collaborative team using agile methodologies
- Tertiary qualification in computer science or related technical field
- Strong understanding of the browser environment and HTML5 features
- Experience designing for, deploying to, and managing applications in Microsoft Azure (or other cloud environments)
- Understanding of unit testing methodologies and their value
- Experience in UI/UX design
- Experience developing or maintaining a mature DevOps pipeline (CI/CD etc)
- Experience with any of the following technologies
- Azure DevOps experience
- Azure WebJobs
- Automation testing (Selenium)
- Entity Framework
- Octopus Deploy
- Jira and Confluence
- Have strong engineering skills
- Are comfortable problem solving considering constraints and wider impacts
- Have strong communication skills
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a diverse team
- Love challenging yourself with new technologies and complex problems
- Newly created role due to strong development pipeline and global expansion.
- Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast office location or the opportunity to work Hybrid or fully remote
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Fun and flexible work environment
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend