Job no: 513078
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales
Categories: Finance & Strategy
Accountant (FCTG Independent)
As the Accountant you will provide support to the Members agents and agencies within the FCTG Independent network. You will be responsible for preparing weekly sales statements, cash reconciliations and supplier reconciliations and will also be supporting the external network with addressing Member agent and agencies finance related queries and other general tasks. Additionally, you will be responsible for the timely delivery of month end/ year end results while ensuring financial information is delivered in compliance with regulatory reporting and FCTG Group Accounting Policies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will be able to foster relationships across multiple teams, while also looking to grow and develop their own skill base.
- Prepare weekly sales statements
- Consolidation of monthly results
- Assist with Half Year and Full Year Audit
- Prepare EOM journals and reconciliations
- Analysis of monthly results provided to key internal stakeholders
- Complete reconciliations for various accounts and supplier statements
- Support external Member agents and agencies with finance related queries
- Receipt and reconciliation cash received from external Member agents and agencies
Skills and experience
- Excel proficient
- High attention to detail
- Working towards CPA / CA desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in the Travel Industry desirable
- Demonstrated ability in fostering relationships with stakeholders
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change, growth and pressure
Let’s get to the good part
- Paid Parental Leave
- Access to ongoing training- Individualised Learning & Development pathway options
- Exclusive retail discounts - accessible via our employee-only portal with 350+ of Australia’s leading retailers
- Travel discounts including family and friends, health and wellness discounts, financial planning advise and more
- Flexibility- Monday to Friday week, 8:30-5:30 (60/40 WFH / Sydney CBD Office)
- Brightness of future - career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses across the globe- we promote from within
- Corporate health discounts - access exclusive discounts on health insurance plans for you and your family with our partner, BUPA.
- Social team building events and the opportunity to qualify for Global Gathering (Las Vegas 2022)
- Sustainability - The protection of our environment is essential to the future of tourism, as a leading travel group, we have made efforts to affect positive change to the environment, visit our CSR Page.
Across our brand, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively and take ownership of our business to achieve our goals. Our spirit of egalitarianism, irreverence and ownership defines the way we behave. These are the three shared values that we place above all others. They help us make informed decisions and solidify our company culture. That’s the FCTG Way.
Sound like a good fit for you? Apply now.
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend