Job no: 513024
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Finance & Strategy
Accountant (Franchise and Independents)
As the Accountant you will provide finance support to the Franchise network within the Independents division of FCTG. You will be responsible for preparing monthly statements and distributions to Franchisees, responding to finance related queries and preparing an completing journal postings. You will also be supporting with other finance tasks in the Independents division including completing reconciliations, preparing agent statements and other general tasks. Additionally, you will be responsible for the timely delivery of month end/ year end results while ensuring financial information is delivered in compliance with regulatory reporting and FCTG Group Accounting Policies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will be able to foster relationships across multiple teams, while also looking to grow and develop their own skill base.
- Consolidation of monthly results
- Assist with Half Year and Full Year Audit
- Prepare EOM journals and reconciliations
- Prepare agent statements and receipt cash
- Complete reconciliations for various accounts
- Support Franchisees with finance related queries
- Calculate and facilitate monthly distributions to Franchisees
- Analysis of monthly results provided to key internal stakeholders
Skills and experience
- Excel proficient
- High attention to detail
- Working towards CPA / CA desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in the Travel Industry desirable
- Demonstrated ability in fostering relationships with stakeholders
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change, growth and pressure
Let’s get to the good part
- Paid Parental Leave
- Access to ongoing training- Individualised Learning & Development pathway options
- Exclusive retail discounts - accessible via our employee-only portal with 350+ of Australia’s leading retailers
- Travel discounts including family and friends, health and wellness discounts, financial planning advise and more
- Flexibility- Monday to Friday week, 8:30-5:30 (60/40 WFH / Sydney CBD Office)
- Brightness of future - career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses across the globe- we promote from within
- Corporate health discounts - access exclusive discounts on health insurance plans for you and your family with our partner, BUPA.
- Social team building events and the opportunity to qualify for Global Gathering (Las Vegas 2022)
- Sustainability - The protection of our environment is essential to the future of tourism, as a leading travel group, we have made efforts to affect positive change to the environment, visit our CSR Page.
Across our brand, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively and take ownership of our business to achieve our goals. Our spirit of egalitarianism, irreverence and ownership defines the way we behave. These are the three shared values that we place above all others. They help us make informed decisions and solidify our company culture. That’s the FCTG Way.
Sound like a good fit for you? Apply now.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend