Service Desk Technician
Job no: 512963
Work type: Full time
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Categories: Wholesale & Product
Service Desk Technician
Discova is on the lookout for a Service Desk Technician superstar to join our savvy IT team!
As Service Desk Technician, you are critical in ensuring proper computer operations in Discova so that end users can accomplish business tasks consistently. The role includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. There is opportunity to be involved in a variety of infrastructure and network hardware, software, IT services and IT project work.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customer.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the Discova.
- University degree in the field of computer science or related field or;
- 3+ years related work experience.
- Certifications are an advantage, but not mandatory (Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, etc.).
- Proven experience with desktop and server operating systems and administration, including Windows and Linux based distributions.
- Proven experience with application support, including application troubleshooting, connectivity troubleshooting, etc.
- Proven knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, for example Manage Engine OpUtils, PowerShell, Microsoft Debug Diag Tool, Command Line Interface, etc.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to be flexible and implement change when needed.
- Excellent communicator to a diverse range of people (customers, suppliers, team members, leaders).
- Able to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks and able to work outside office hours when required.
- Solution focused and great at problem solving.
- Able to work independently and within a team, assisting team members to help everyone achieve results.
- Personally aligned with Discova’s company purpose and values.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including disk management and replacements.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL and service desk environments.
- Knowledge in LAN/WAN technologies such as TCP/IP networking.
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend