Director of People Development - FCM Commercial
Job no: 512433
Work type: Full time
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel, Business Development
The role of the Director of People Development, FCM Commercial is to define and implement L&D strategies for FCM Account Management (and Sales) globally to maximise potential within the business and primarily it’s people.
This role must ensure that there is a provision of Learning & Development plans that align to the business strategy.
A full rounded learning & development specialist, preferably with business travel experience is required to partner with senior business leaders to develop, design and deliver plans for their respective business areas and identify solutions to drive FCM forward through the development of our Account Management & Sales teams.
These plans should be developed both for the short term immediate benefit of the business but also with a view to the longer term benefit of the business including aspects such as mentoring programmes.
Working within the business to understand requirements and identify gaps, this highly flexible individual is required to identify career success and development paths both at an individual and organisational level within FCM Account Management and Sales. This is an opportunity to apply best practice within a growing business and influence impactful change within a growing business.
- Define, design, develop and deliver the strategy in line with the infrastructure of FCM utilsing local and regional resources for delivery and tools already in place within FCTG, Provide recommendations and expertise to the senior teams and develop programmes that ensure business requirements are being met, To design and implement a robust mentoring programme within FCM Account Management & Sales that compliments any other programmes currently in place within FCTG
- To understand requirements and current gaps and formulate learning paths that support development, Identify specific areas of improvement that require training solutions and agree appropriate solutions, Reinforce the merits of a structured learning programme through the demonstration of expected results and follow up with tangible evidence of success, Work with Account Management and Sales leaders to devise succession planning programmes ensuring that the future stars of tomorrow have a brightness of future plan and exposure to the business that prepares them for career opportunities as appropriate
- Help to create a cohesive team that engages all team members regardless of geography including coaching, performance management and promoting positive team morale
- As the team learning & development lead interpret business requirements; plan and provide a range of development programmes which meet the diverse nature of the FCM business to meet these requirements, Ensure there are flexible options from classroom, e-learning, external programmes, coaching and mentoring, etc. Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary learning development theories and methods as well as advances in the field to provide suitable programmes to meet individual and business requirements, Research and develop suitable courseware and understand ‘best in class’ training practices and assess usability within the company
- Several years’ experience operating at senior level preferably within the business travel arena
- Current knowledge and experience of training models, theories, practices and methodologies prepared and delivered as relevant to multiple layers of management up to and including senior leadership level
- An excellent track record of building relationships with & influencing business partners and key stakeholders
- Sound understanding of designing People budgets and the management thereof
- Excellent negotiation skills when dealing with internal and external business partners
- Able to balance business priorities with expectations
- Leadership capabilities and influential skills
- Relevant Degree and/or FCIPD or MCIPD qualified.
- Flexibility to travel as required
What we offer:
- Rewards platform, cash health plan, travel discounts, in-house financial
- Employee share plan
- Consistently recognised externally as a ’Great Place to Work’
- Fun, social, egalitarian culture with focus on ownership and responsibility
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Hybrid working model
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend