Leisure Transactional Finance Team Leader
Job no: 512365
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden
Categories: Finance & Strategy
Transactional Finance delivers on all its responsibilities across: Financial Control, Customer Focus and Process Efficiency.
The business is also going through a transformation period and moving from a decentralised operational support to a more central function. These changes offer the business an opportunity to realise productivity gains as well as future proofing the result of having one centralised platform for Leisure.
Leisure Transactional Finance Team Leader Role.
This leadership role is responsible for various key Leisure streams and will be overseeing the offshore activities: -
- Omnis Bank Rec
- Supplier Reconciliation
- Credit Card Receipt Reconciliation (payment gateway)
- Supplier Payments
- Omnis Exception Handling – Suspense Ledgers
- Central Refunds
The role will have the following focus:
- Embedding newly designed processes, ensuring all key operational success metrics are in place, tracked and reported and reviewed in a timely manner
- Ensure all key controls are in place and fit for purpose
- Foster strong working relationships with the business and both onshore and offshore teams to ensure key deliverables have been met
- Ensure appropriate reconciliation processes are in place for all key balance sheet accounts and are reconciled to agreed standards of timeliness and accuracy.
- Ensure appropriate two-way SLAs are in place with front end businesses and the correct processes are in place to monitor and track performance against these two-way SLAs.
- Establish the appropriate communication channels and ensure they are operating effectively to ensure Transactional Finance is delivering on its commitments to front end businesses and their consultants
- Individually and collectively drive a heightened level of customer focus in all dealings with front end businesses, external clients and suppliers.
Key Performance Responsibilities:
- Financial Control & Process Ownership
- Reconciliation of Client Cash, Open Ledgers and Unchecked Ledgers
- Review of all reconciliations performed by the team
- Liaising with wider UK based finance team to ensure integrity, accuracy and understanding of transactional finance to support the needs of the Transactional Finance Accountant and other finance teams.
- Ensure all key monthly activities are completed in a timely manner to support the month end reporting process.
- Review and analysis of productivity and two-way SLA statistics to identify opportunities for improvement and any control weaknesses or inefficiencies.
- Customer Focused
- Provide the business with transparency and timely reports on the status of pending transactions and exceptions
- Present risks and opportunities within the various ledgers
- Work with the brand to establish what support will be required for the online business
The success of any individual in this role will be largely dependent upon being a strong team leader: being flexible, adaptable, and embracing and driving on going change.
An aptitude and passion for process reengineering will be a key attribute, with the opportunity to develop formal skills and techniques in this area.
This is a very customer centric role, (both internal and external customers). A strong appreciation of the impact of the role on all our customers is essential.
At the heart of this role is Financial Control. This role provides the perfect grounding in transactional finance and financial control across all the key accounting fundamentals. As such this role provides an excellent platform for those wishing to develop a long-term career in finance.
Criteria of Successful Candidate :
To be successful in the role the candidate will have the following key competences and experiences:
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, with an ability to communicate with finance and non-finance individuals
- Leadership experience is essential
- A strong attention to detail and understanding of the importance of accuracy.
- Experience of having worked in transactional finance areas, (eg Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Invoicing)
- Leisure Operations experience is essential
- A logical approach to problem solving
- A passion and aptitude for process reengineering
- Appreciation of accounting fundamentals and importance of strong financial controls
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver on commitments
- Strong customer service approach
- A genuine team player, appreciating the importance of team goals
- Proven ability to multitask
- Good time management; being flexible and adaptable
- A keen desire to learn new things
- A proven focus on improving efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
Start Date: ASAP
What we offer:
- Rewards platform, cash health plan, travel discounts, in-house financial
- Employee share plan
- Consistently recognised externally as a ’Great Place to Work’
- Fun, social, egalitarian culture with focus on ownership and responsibility
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Hybrid working model
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. If you'd like to start your career with one of the world's leading travel companies, apply today.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend