Product Delivery Manager
StudentUniverse, is a Boston-based travel tech company that operates the world's largest student and youth online travel marketplace.
StudentUniverse’s parent company, Flight Centre Travel Group is based in Brisbane, Australia and is one of the world’s largest travel agency groups with company owned operations in 23 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries.
Our Product & Vision:
StudentUniverse was born out of the desire to empower students and youth to travel more by accessing uniquely priced airfares, without the hassle of physical ID cards. We are believers in travel experiences; that they can teach students things they cannot learn in the classroom.
Travel better prepares young people to influence the world. We empower students and youth to travel more. We need your help to get us there!
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a Product Delivery Coordinator to manage release planning and activities of multiple cross functional products with the delivery and operations teams.
You enjoy working closely with the Product Management and Engineering team and stakeholders to deliver strategic functionality and product driving business outcomes.
You need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile environment and able to facilitate story mapping, stand-ups, and more. You have great communication skills, able to convey information to others in a simple and unambiguous way.
Sound like a good fit for you?
What’s in it for you:
- You get to work in a dynamic environment full of super passionate and talented people where capabilities are enabled quickly at scale across the globe for travelers
- You will grow and further develop your competencies working in a team-oriented results-driven environment where learning and collaboration is celebrated
- We value and encourage autonomy for everyone, allowing you to make your own decisions and learn from the data. The success of the team is dependent upon the success of the individual.
- Be an integral part of the product teams and work closely with product managers to execute the product roadmap
- Ensuring that all the project's work elements are coordinated, scope of work defined, and all works in project included and clearly communicated to teams and stakeholders
- Work with multiple cross functional teams through collaboration to take ownership and accountability of planning and delivery for major cross functional product and infrastructure build out programs
- Collaborate in iteration planning with the product team to build and maintain a prioritized product backlog
- Define and document customer business functions and processes by constructing charts, diagrams and/or written specifications to aid understanding and team succession
- Ensure data is collected and utilized to Lead efforts to identify risks, resolve key project conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Protect current Work in Progress and also manages defect prioritization
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years technical product delivery experience
- Strong analytical skills on deployment and delivery performance
- Practical knowledge of Agile ceremonies to ensure team output is optimal with the aim to continuously improve the team velocity
- Ability to elicit and translate requirements, define functionality, and set work in a clear, actionable format that can be used to communicate with the team and drive product delivery
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Strong communication skills, permitting complex technical matters to be understood by business professionals
- Experience in project management and ability to formulate and implement resourcing strategies to ensure objectives can be met efficiently in the right sequence by the team understanding constraints such as, but not limited, to time, budget, quality
As a travel company, we embrace being global and would love to hear from anyone who wants to work from any one of our offices in Boston, Waltham, Toronto or London.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory RRSP/RPP matching scheme
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location – Boston, MA
The role can be performed onsite, remote or on a hybrid schedule, in compliance with the Company’s Remote and Flexible Work Policy.
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact email@example.com if you need any assistance.