FCM Travel Consultant - Manchester
Job no: 511628
Work type: Full time
Location: Greater Manchester
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel
FCM Travel is a leading Corporate Travel Management Company blending global presence with local, flexible and personalized service. At FCM Travel, we still believe in people doing business with people. Our corporate travel teams are the best in the business; providing clients with exceptional service and product knowledge within a supportive team-based corporate office environment. We are one of the world's leading corporate travel and expense management consultancies. Backed by the reach and negotiating power of our global company, Flight Centre, we are able to source the most competitive daily prices on airfares, car rentals and hotels for our Corporate Travelers. FCM Travel is proud to celebrate a stellar performance in the World Travel Awards' program after being named the World's Leading Travel Management Company.
As a result of securing a large Global Business 5 year contract, FCM Travel are currently recruiting enthusiastic, passionate individuals to join their Operations teams in Manchester. Our Travel Consultants are responsible for our engagement with our clients and the fulfilment of their travel programmes. Working directly with the Senior Team Manager, the FCM Travel Consultant is responsible for ensuring the necessary functions to fulfil our clients travel programme is exceeded. This role is an integral part and conduit between the client and our business and is often the first line of communication and relationship with the client and travellers.
Key components of this role:
- Delivering a strong service consistency through sound operational practices.
- Ensuring our service offerings to our clients is world class
- Displaying a high level of operational knowledge.
- Working as an operational member within the business
- Collaborating with their colleagues
- Building a strong and brighter future for FCM
- Lead by example-Demonstrate a positive attitude, motivation and adherence to our OBW processes. Lead by example in behaviour, attitude and results
- Intuitive-Forward thinking and able to identify business needs in advance and take steps to improve
- Effective communication-Demonstrate excellent, open and honest communication internally and externally.
- Multi-tasking-Able to manage time effectively to complete all tasks in a timely manner, maximising productivity
- Product knowledge-Knowledge of products and the desire to continue learning
- Detail orientated-Attentive to client and traveller's needs. Ability to actively listen and interpret requirements and provide sound and constructive information and options for travel
- Team Player-Ability and desire to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, both independently at times and within a team environment
- Minimum of 2 years as a travel consultant Essential
- Experience in GDS systems - Essential
- Extensive industry and travel knowledge Essential
- Extensive fares knowledge Essential
- A strong client focus and service ethic Essential
- Positive and open-minded attitude with a willingness to adapt Essential
What we offer:
- Generous remuneration structure and highly competitive salary- OTE £32k plus additional incentives
- Rewards platform, cash health plan, travel discounts, in-house financial
- Employee share plan
- Consistently recognised externally as a ’Great Place to Work’
- Fun, social, egalitarian culture with focus on ownership and responsibility
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Hybrid working model
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates.
*Please note an Assessment Day will be held in Manchester on the 19th July- venue to be confirmed*
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend