Full Stack .NET Developer - Remote, USA
Job no: 511223
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Operations & Professional Services, Information & Technology
Full Stack .NET Developer
We are seeking a full-time, .NET Application Developer to help our customers manage their travel as efficiently as possible. The Application Developer will play a key role defining and implementing a robust software architecture combining IoT and analytics. As part of a small, passionate team, the developer must have initiative, drive, and a strong work ethic. The position balances a fast-paced work environment with doing things meticulously and properly; working independently within highly collaborative integrated teams; creating new code that is secure, auditable, and in direct contact with sensitive personal information.
The perfect candidate should love solving complex technical problems across all levels of software architecture, development, and debugging.
- 6+ years proven experience in dynamic web software development.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Advanced knowledge in implementing Object Oriented Design (OOD), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), S.O.L.I.D Principles, Design Patterns, Dependency Injection (DI), Continuous Integrations (CI) and adhere to architecture and programming best practices.
- Experience with OWASP recommended security practices and implementation of security and data protection standards, ensuring web applications have no configuration issues or known vulnerabilities.
- Followed website security standards and ensured website data is never exposed to cybercriminals and prevented exploitation of websites in any way.
- Expertise with the.NET Core, .NET framework, SQL Server
- Knowledge integrating with Identity Providers, Single Sign On and MFA.
- Invoked RESTful Web API services and implemented asynchronous programming and optimization, versioning and securing of APIs.
- Experience and understanding of best practices, both design and security, of architecture patterns - MVC, MVVM, REST, RPC.
- Proficient in Analysis, Design and Implementation of databases using SQL Server, and writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Indexes, having firm understanding of relational database system with strong T-SQL experience.
- Extensively used LINQ and ORM tools like Entity Framework.
- Familiar with Azure’s cloud offerings - App Services, Azure Functions, Service Bus, etc.
- Familiar with Azure DevOps - Boards, Pipelines and Repos or similar Project Management.
- Experienced reading and understanding third party code libraries and troubleshooting UI related issues on browser-based debugging tools.
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum methodologies and CICD operating procedures.
- Write clean, scalable, testable code, while being mindful of performance requirements.
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code and improve existing software.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Create, maintain, and run unit tests for both new and existing code, with a goal of delivering defect-free and well-tested code to QA.
- Conduct design and code reviews and collaborate to ensure your own code passes review.
- Work with Product Management to create and adhere to schedules, while maintaining flexibility to adapt to shifting market demands.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team and participate in requirements analysis to design and launch new features.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Write and maintain documentation for new and existing features throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Keep up to date on best practices and new technologies.
- Be available on occasion outside of standard business hours to support required business activities - production releases, calls with international stakeholders.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Employee Financial Wellness Services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k program with partial match
- Employee Share Plan
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location - Remote, USA
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend