Event Coordinator - New York, NY
Job no: 510313
Work type: Full time
Location: New York
Categories: Events & Production
Do you have a passion for challenge and achievement, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to build your career in the dynamic world of event management?
If so, this role might be for you! FCM Meetings & Events is growing! We’re looking for an Event Coordinator in New York.
At FCM Meetings & Events, we have worked hard to earn our position as a leading event management agency. We offer rewarding long-term career opportunities for all team members across our global offices.
Why work at FCM Meetings & Events?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, from creation to delivery of inspiring event experiences and programs. We care for our colleagues’ health and well-being, their personal and professional development and their financial security.
We believe our people should be part of an organization with clear pathways to career growth, an exciting future and a supportive working community. Promotion and transfer from within will always be our first choice.
You will be responsible for:
- Assist the Event Lead in the build and maintenance of the event registration website,
- mobile app and virtual event platforms.
- Manage the delegate registration experience by managing the event email inbox or
- live chat bots.
- Utilize the registration platform to create and manage event reports such as rooming
- lists, transfers manifest and dietary details for the seamless execution of the event
- Assist the Event Lead in correct systems and processes from the outset to ensure error
- free event management.
- Support the Event Lead in maintaining accurate files & meeting critical path
- milestones, especially attrition and cancellation deadlines as per signed contracts.
- Assist Event Lead with any logistics deliverables for pre, onsite and post event
- Maintain effective and customer focused communication throughout with all stakeholders.
- Respond to all client and delegate enquiries professionally and within the agreed timeframes and ensure client satisfaction with the response.
- Assist with both per event admin tasks and business related tasks to keep the business operating.
- Participate in the available training opportunities, directed by your Business Leader.
- Have competency, growth & development top of mind at all times. To take interest in individual "Brightness of Future".
On average, on Event Coordinator is brought onsite to events 1-3 times a year. The main purpose of this job is to support the team from the office. Based on client and position this could vary.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, hospitality, business or related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in a service-oriented industry with a focus on building and maintaining strong relationships. Internships/industry-related experience. (not required but preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Event Management Software: Cvent or similar (not required but preferred) A knowledge of all major suppliers and relevant MICE products/destinations. (not required but preferred)
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time-off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K program
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering, and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location – New York, NY
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award-winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend