Full-Stack Engineer - Brisbane
Job no: 510218ns130snr
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Full-Stack Web Engineer to join our Websites team to help build and maintain the websites and related tools and services for our global Flight Centre websites.
To thrive in this role, you will need to be passionate about building reliable, scalable solutions with a focus on delivering value to our customers. You will be no stranger to working with agile software development, using the appropriate agile methodologies and lean practices.
We value teamwork, and with us you will have the opportunity to work across multiple teams and contribute to our culture of engineering and operational excellence whilst honing your skills.
The role in a nutshell:
- Design, build efficient, testable and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution.
- Collaborate in our cross-functional Product Management and Engineering teams to plan and deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Take initiative and always look for ways in improving the quality of our solutions, code bases, technical debt, standards, processes and best practices.
We’d love to hear from if this sounds like you:
- Proven experience in building user-friendly, responsive web applications for desktop and mobile.
- Proficient in some of the following: TypeScript, React, Styled Components, JSS, Cypress and Jest.
- Passionate about software engineering best practices and know what it means to ship high-quality code that is maintainable and extendable.
- You have a growth mindset, embracing challenges to continuously improve and innovate.
Psst … you’ll get bonus points if you have
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience in building decoupled websites using techniques including routing, client-side templating, and consuming JSON-based RESTful APIs.
- Exposure to AWS services such as CloudFront, Lambda, and API Gateway.
- Experience with DevOps tooling & practices valuing a DevOps culture
- Experience with observability tools, such as logging (Splunk, Kibana) and monitoring (New Relic)
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment
- Travel discounts and deals
- Discounted financial and health services
- Access to our 24/7 gym located at Global HQ
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
We do things a little differently…
We do things a little differently around here. We do things the FCTG Way.
We have a unique culture and an irreverent DNA based on a proven mix of ideas, values and ways of working that have helped shape our business over the past 40+ years.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend