QA Automation Engineer - Remote, Canada
Job no: 510066
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario
Categories: Information & Technology
QA Automation Engineer - Remote, Canada
Flight Centre Travel Group is looking for an individual who will be responsible for Mid-level software Quality Assurance (QA) who has experience in creating Automation Testing with the Selenium framework in .NET. This role will work closely with developers and QA analysts. You will be responsible for interfacing directly with business, compliance, analytics and IT stakeholders and creating and executing test plans.
Excellent testing, communication and troubleshooting skills is a core requirement. The person will be a fast learner who will swiftly become an invaluable resource to back office support staff, providing insights into problems requiring in depth institutional knowledge.
What you will be accountable for:
- Develop and maintain an Automation Test Suite with the Selenium framework using .NET
- Evaluate and test new or modified systems and software
- Participate in sprint and project planning and execute on project commitments
- Analyze and strengthen testing automation strategy for the department to automate testing, recommend and build processes using automation tools
- Develop test strategies using various testing methodologies and tools including manual testing
- Work directly with business stakeholders and develop subject matter expertise on technology and QA
- Create a culture of continuous delivery using DevOps based strategies specific for QA team
- Utilize various SDLC methodologies for on time delivery
- May include other duties as assigned
- Product support may be required for this position
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or related field.
- 2+ years on testing C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server applications
- Experience setting up an Automation Test Suite using Selenium framework
- Experience on testing of middleware, mobile, and web applications preferred
- Travel industry knowledge is desired but not required
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience working both independently and, in a team, -oriented, collaborative environment Keen attention to detail
- The ideal candidate must have proven hands on experience in testing n-tier web applications, SQL server databases, web services and related middleware components.
- The ideal candidate must understand .NET and SQL Server technologies and must be equally adapt in manual as well as automated testing.
- Travel and DevOps experience a huge plus.
- Must be a team-player with positive, can-do attitude capable of working on innovative applications.
- Sense of humor but not required
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory RRSP/RPP matching scheme
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Location: Remote, Canada
Travel is booming once again, and our roles are being filled quicker than a nonstop from London to New York. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Back to search results Apply now