Job no: 509648
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
Join our team as a Solution Architect with our Independent Product team, this role sits as part of the Product Management and Engineering area. You will be tasked with the delivery of innovative solutions to our Independent Travel Consultant Product offering along with integrated solutions and products.
You will collaborate with product managers, UX, engineers and vendors in solution design and delivery of initiatives that are focused on providing solutions that simplify the customer experience and empower independent travel consultants to be the best travel experts in the world. We work autonomously from anywhere and work collaboratively online or in the office to achieve our team goals.
We are a diverse team so being an excellent communicator is essential and it will be your responsibility to make complex things seem simple across a range of stakeholders.
This role will entail:
- Solution designs for full stack applications from both vendor delivered and Flight Centre Travel Group bespoke products
- Working with Product Managers, UX Designers and stakeholders to shape the best solutions available with a key focus on the customer
- Supporting teams to understand the dependencies between systems impacted by the solution to allow for effective planning
- Collaborate to provide order of magnitude estimations (OOM) in solution optioning
- Work with internal product teams and vendors in the delivery of major features to existing products
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience as a technical lead, software/solution/technical architect
- Strong knowledge in software engineering with experience working with cross-functional teams in designing and delivering end-to-end solution architecture
- Track record of designing and delivering cloud-native applications that are built for global scale, reliable, secure and performant
- Extensive background in end-to-end solution architecture involving multiple teams and applications
- Involvement in system integration solution design and delivery
- History with agile software development, working using the appropriate agile methodologies and lean practices.
- PCI DSS/GDPR compliance experience
- Strong knowledge of architecture patterns
- Extensive architecture experience in either AWS or Azure
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment
- Travel discounts and deals bookable through our internal team of travel agents, Travelwise
- Discounted financial and health services through our Moneywise and Healthwise businesses
- Access to our 24/7 gym located at Global HQ
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
We do things a little differently…
We do things a little differently around here. We do things the FCTG Way.
We have a unique culture and an irreverent DNA based on a proven mix of ideas, values and ways of working that have helped shape our business over the past 40+ years.
Across all our brands, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively to achieve our goals. That’s the FCTG Way.
If you think you have FCTG DNA, reach out today.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now