Release Manager - Brisbane
Job no: 509523
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
Work alongside our Head of Engineering in the Land and Packaging supply team to drive continuous process improvement in our technology division. As the Release Manager you will play a proactive role managing the Release Lifecycle for our Global Land and Packaging platform by leveraging your organisational, planning, and management skills.
This position will see you working closely with the Product Managers, Engineering, and QA to schedule and coordinate releases, and cross-functionally across our Digital eCommerce and Retail Consultant product management teams and vendors to ensure smooth external releases to customers.
It is a demanding role, but there will be no shortage of support. We don’t call our teams ‘families’ for no reason.
Ticking all the technical boxes is important but understanding the value of relationships and being an excellent communicator is what will allow you to thrive and be successful.
The role in a nutshell:
- Oversee the Land & Packaging environments and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of processes/systems to deliver current and future business needs; manage and assess vendor and service provider performance
- Plan and facilitate release activities across all development
- Communicate the impact environment refreshes, release schedules, release status, release scope, escalate issues and risks
- Maintain consistency between sandbox environments, from Development through QA, SIT, UAT and Production
- Define and manage change control processes for development and release readiness criteria and ensure all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
- Assume ownership and continuous improvement of the release process by documenting release issues and developing plans to improve process or automation
- Work with Vendors to ensure Configuration Management
- Establish strategies, systems and processes underpinning Environment, Delivery and Release strategies
- Manage the adoption of appropriate release and deployment tools, techniques, and processes, including automation, to drive long-term benefits and optimal service delivery Drive Release and Deployment Strategy
We’d love to hear from you if this sounds like you:
- You are in your element when coordinating people and processes and working across different teams
- You have 5 – 7-year years previous experience in project/release/delivery
- Goes without saying, you’re an excellent communicator and influencer
- You are super detail-oriented - efficiency and process is your bag
- You have a good working knowledge of change and configuration management
- Working in a fast-paced high volume change environment excites you
- You are at home working with large project teams and delivering project outcomes
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment
- Travel discounts and deals bookable through our internal team of travel agents, Travelwise
- Discounted financial and health services through our Moneywise and Healthwise businesses
- Access to our 24/7 gym located at Global HQ
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
We do things a little differently…
We do things a little differently around here. We do things the FCTG Way.
We have a unique culture and an irreverent DNA based on a proven mix of ideas, values and ways of working that have helped shape our business over the past 40+ years.
Across all our brands, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively to achieve our goals. That’s the FCTG Way.
If you think you have FCTG DNA, reach out today.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now