Job no: 509412
Work type: Full time
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, Hanoi, Vietnam, Bangkok, Thailand, Singapore, Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia, City of London
Categories: Wholesale & Product
- Are you a savvy, strategic and creative all-round marketer?
- Can you jump between content & comms to strategy and execution of our marketing dreams?
- Do you want to work with business partners and designer to make idea come to life?
Then we want to hear from you!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally, and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for Marketing Manager to join the team, this role could be based in UK, Australia, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, and work virtually with our business’s around the world. This is a dynamic, fast-paced, and results-driven environment that will suit an energetic and strategic thinker with an incredible ‘can-do attitude and the ability to problem-solve and use your creative initiative, sometimes learning or troubleshooting on the fly. You will bring your passion for travel and curiosity about the world and take responsibility for executing marketing strategy developed in conjunction with the Global Sales & Marketing Director. You will lead a small team of marketing experts to drive leads for the business development team and grow our brand awareness. Discova has ambitious goals to meet by 2025, this role will be pivotal in bringing our plans to life with a creative flair and driving profitability in our key segments of GIT, FIT, IDS, MICE & Educational Travel. You are intrigued by consumer behavior trends and generate creative ideas to help us capture new customers. You will the guardian of our brand and are responsible for how our look and feel is projected to our agents, customers, and partners. Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all communications and maintain a strong online/offline voice and brand consistent with our marketing goals.
- Create a marketing strategy in conjunction with the Global Director of Sales & Marketing to execute a marketing plan to achieve inquiry generation for all regions Discova operates in which includes: Digital & Web, Social Media, and Events / Exhibitions / Webinars & PR.
- Drive effective communications both internally and externally, create engaging promotions, PR, and social media strategy that engages audiences executed smoothly by you and your team, and support B2B sales initiatives through the creation of compelling collateral, this could be anything from the sales pitch process documents to attendance at exhibitions.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships, work with suppliers to sell marketing space in our product brochures, as well as working with tourist boards to fund FAM trips and global trade media.
- Develop and implement effective metrics and set outcomes for all events and campaigns to closely measure and track the ROI on marketing spend and your team’s performance.
- Seek partner insights and BDM feedback to ensure online and offline channels are optimized to deliver the desired customer experience, and relevant content that that will add value to our partner's business.
- Develop brand communication and PR, ensuring it is consistent with the brand in conjunction with the connect executive.
- Utilize PR and multi-media effectively to promote Discova brands and increase visibility with target segments.
- Identify new trends or customer segments in the DMC (Destination Management Company) space that could create new revenue opportunities, present to the Product Director, and support with the launch of Discova into new source markets.
- Assist with the launch of the new Discova product offering, targeting the right partners in conjunction with the BDM team.
- Lead the implementation of a new CRM marketing system, Pardot within the first six months of joining business.
- Degree or three years’ experience within a similar role.
- Demonstrated track record marketing at a B2B level ideally within the travel industry Asia/Americas travel experience.
The Skills and Attributes:
- An all-around marketer with a deep understanding of brand, digital & web design with the ability to be hands-on and execute workload, as necessary.
- Ability to tell a story creatively and bring a product to life, always one-stop ahead in the DMC space.
- A hands-on attitude, willing to get stuck in to lead the team and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly motivated, self-starter prepared to do whatever it takes to succeed.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to negotiate with third parties.
- Ability to build and leverage relationships you may already have within the travel industry.
- Excellent media and PR relationships in Discova source markets will be an advantage (UK, Europe, Americas, Asia, Australia)
- Able to travel as and when required by the business.
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now