Product Management Lead – Global Corporate Land - Remote, USA
Job no: 509411
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: Virtual, Massachusetts, New Jersey
Categories: Wholesale & Product, Corporate & Group Travel
Product Management Lead – Global Corporate Land
Reporting dually to the Head of Land Supply Product (PM&E) and the Head of Global Corporate Land, we are looking for an experienced Product Management Leader to join our dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with our multi-vendor solution to design, manage, and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
The Product Management Leader, Global Corporate Land, is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, procurement, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The role should be considered as the “mini-CEO” for the Global Corporate Land platform, which includes the aggregation, revenue management, and distribution capabilities of HotelHub/TCT. The role must be influential to both internal customers (operations, technology, supply) and vendors (HotelHub, OBT vendors, suppliers).
- Gain a deep understanding of the customers' experience (both agents and travellers), identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow adoption and market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Strong advocate of Flight Centre’s global corporate land vision and have the ability to translate it to different parts of the business that can relate and understand
- Obsess the commercial viability of new product opportunities and enhancements to existing digital products from ideation through to benefits realization
- Intimate knowledge of our corporate land product, including its value proposition, key features, user journeys, business goals, and KPIs
- Strong leadership skills to effectively guide the vendors and lead the stakeholders, create an inspiring vision, and reach sustainable agreements
- Working closely with Corporate land, Operations, Technology, and Product Management peers to facilitate the ideation and conception of the product roadmap and enhancements
- Drive the product strategy with leadership from the Global Corporate Leadership, create customer value and deliver measurable business benefits
- Liaise with key internal teams and stakeholders including operations, engineering, design, and support teams, to ensure organizational support and buy-in; Build strong working relationships at all levels with internal teams
- Research and assess qualitative and quantitative findings to understand our customers and business needs and make informed product decisions
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes through functional and non-functional requirements; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new solutions and/or operational changes
- Work with 3rd parties such as online booking tools or direct suppliers, in cooperation with the corresponding internal teams,
- Estimate the value of software features aligned with market needs and business priorities, cost-benefit analysis and constructing business cases
- Use best-practice product management methodologies to rapidly research, prototype, test and iterate new features
- Keep one eye on our fast moving market and competitors to ensure we remain well positioned.
- Maintain a long-term vision as far as product management and optimization of synergies between Flight Centre Corporate and Leisure businesses
- Own the relationship with the global preferred vendor HotelHub
- Be the land distribution expert for FCTG corporate brands and help countries and brands to design their land distribution strategy creating alignment with the global distribution strategy
- Work with the main stakeholders in the different countries and brands to support and facilitate the decision-making process and implement HotelHub
- Maintains a 12-24 implementation and development plan
- Design budget including prioritization and funding of developments
- Create, prioritize and maintain the product backlog and defined release and sprint goals;
- Work with project managers to implement HotelHub at a country/brand/channel level
- Translate and unpack the business requirements for features into user stories;
- Coordinate/collaborate release activities with delivery and operations teams
- 10+ years experience in land and/or corporate travel product management for distribution, technology, or operations, filling similar responsibilities for a global TMC or as a technology vendor in the corporate travel sector
- Any experience managing hotel distribution solutions specifically for corporate travel will be a huge plus
- Demonstrated experience in delivering fit-for-purpose business solutions to agreed time, quality, and functionality requirements
- Demonstrated success using analytics and research to inform a critical approach to product decision making
- Strong user experience and technical sensibilities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among competing opportunities and articulate the rationale behind your decisions
- Ability to work effectively with business, leading requests from inception to delivery.
- A highly organized nature with high attention to detail
- Ability to successfully deliver solutions to agreed quality, time, specification, and budget targets
- Strong proactive communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively are critical
- Ability to negotiate without being adversarial
- Empathy for the customer experience, as well as data analysis, should inform all decision making
- Strong acumen to think critically and converse with technical architects and developers
- Perform duties independently under general, minimal supervision within specific assignments
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to analyze, evaluate and integrate business processes and procedures
- Write logical, comprehensive, concise reports and correspondence
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing using language understandable to management and employees
- Acquire subject matter expertise in the functions and activities
- Utilize time management skills and multitasking capabilities
- Develop and document business and processes, functions, and procedures
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm. Including career development opportunities, incentives and discounted travel to health and wellness initiatives, and an employee giving program we’ve got you covered!
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships. As the travel industry automates and grows bigger, we keep it personal.
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve. Tomorrow’s leaders will come from today’s new recruits.
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.
- Giving Back: Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering, and Fundraising.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award winning culture then APPLY NOW.
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
Back to search results Apply now