Senior Java Engineer - Brisbane / Sydney
Job no: 509065
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: New South Wales, Queensland
Categories: Information & Technology
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Technology team. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic team in a complex environment providing software architectural solutions and design and undertake project development tasks. You'll be perfect if you can demonstrate extensive experience in Java and continuous delivery methodologies, tools and scalable architectures.
Day to day you will find yourself responsible for:
- Software architecture and design for key projects and initiatives
- Project delivery and enhancements across multiple applications
- Working closely with key project stakeholders to delivery key outcomes
- Bridging solution architecture and software architecture
- Maintaining compliance posture across systems
- Maintaining documentation to ensure retention of Intellectual Property (IP) including technical diagrams
- Providing input to disaster recovery, high availability, rapid restoration of services through involvement in business impact assessment
We would love to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Git, Jenkins, Nexus
- Agile practices, Confluence, Jira
- 3 years' experience within environment working on Java enterprise solutions
- 5 years' experience with most key technical competencies
We are looking for the following Qualifications:
- SCRUM, KANBAN and Story mapping
- Relevant university degree and/or industry qualifications
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible work environment
- Travel discounts and deals bookable through our internal team of travel agents, Travelwise
- Discounted financial and health services through our Moneywise and Healthwise businesses
- Access to our 24/7 gym located at Global HQ
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
We do things a little differently…
We do things a little differently around here. We do things the FCTG Way.
We have a unique culture and an irreverent DNA based on a proven mix of ideas, values and ways of working that have helped shape our business over the past 40+ years.
Across all our brands, we take our business seriously but not ourselves. We take leaps of faith, have trust in our teams and work collaboratively to achieve our goals. That’s the FCTG Way.
If you think you have FCTG DNA, reach out today.
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now