Senior Front End Engineer
Umapped, a startup company that was acquired by Flight Centre Travel Group in 2018 is looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Front End Engineer to join our data-driven minded team. Our office is located in the trendy area of Queen west steps away from the AGO, local shops and restaurants that make up Toronto’s creative heart. Located in a brick and beam heritage building our office boasts an open modern concept that tells a story of world travel.
Umapped’s parent company, Flight Centre Travel Group is based in Brisbane, Australia and is one of the world’s largest travel agency groups with company owned operations in 23 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries.
About Umapped’s product & vision
At Umapped, we continue to evolve our platform connecting every part of a trip for our customers – providing customers with a dynamic travel quote and itinerary experience with a vision to improve the travellers end-to-end journey from departure to getting around and exploring the sights of local life.
Each year, more than 2 million travellers from around the world use our product providing a significant data set for which to optimize at scale. Umapped is the global travel industry leading B2B2C trip management technology platform.
The person we are looking for...
We are looking for a skilled Senior Front End Engineer, passionate, and capable of building responsive and highly interactive experiences using modern tooling like React. We want someone who can work well with different languages and technologies, and can bring flexibility, speed and quality to our team.
You should be genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI.
You inspire others to do their best work and can consistently be counted upon to deliver results. You enjoy working closely with more junior developers and enjoy mentoring and helping the team with best practices.
You need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile environment. You have great communication skills, able to convey information to others in a simple and unambiguous way.
Sound like a good fit?
What’s in it for you:
- You get to work in a dynamic environment full of super passionate and talented people where capabilities are enabled quickly at scale across the globe for travellers.
- You will grow and further develop your competencies working in a team-oriented results-driven environment where learning and collaboration is celebrated.
- We value and encourage autonomy for everyone allowing you to make your own decisions and learn from the data. The success of the team is dependent upon the success of the individual.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the design, development and testing of new features of Umapped’s global itinerary management platform.
- Build an intuitive customer experience for our mobile and web applications.
- Converting UI/UX design into live code.
- Ensure appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results.
- Ability to navigate through a large complex codebase.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback.
- Writing unit/e2e tests to ensure code quality and increase test coverage.
- Work closely with the Product Manager, Design UX/UI, and Analytics teams to define the business requirements for new projects.
- Collaborate across team boundaries with other teams (including global team members).
- Communicate issues and technical roadblocks effectively.
- Drive and passion towards building great and sustainable products.
- Contribute to the ongoing support and monitoring of the technology infrastructure.
Our Core Technology:
- Languages: Java 8 and higher, Kotlin, Golang
- JS based web frameworks - Material-UI w/ React JS
- SQL, NoSQL and graph databases and caching (PostgreSQL, DynamoDb, ElasticSearch, Redis, Neo4J, etc)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in e-commerce platforms
- Experience in the travel industry
- Experience with Front-end libraries/framework - React, Angular, Vue
- Exposure to native mobile development (IOS and Android)
- Exposure to React Native framework
- Experience with AWS technologies is preferred (Cloudfront, RDS, infrastructure)
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory RRSP/RPP matching scheme
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award-winning culture, then APPLY NOW.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org