Software Developer Engineer - Toronto
Job no: 508841
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
Software Developer Engineer - Toronto
Are you looking for a challenge to be part of scaling a growing global technology platform and business?
Umapped, a startup within Flight Centre Travel Group, is seeking skilled and motivated Software Developers to join our Product and Engineering minded team to help us build innovative new functionality for the Umapped itinerary management platform.
Who you are:
You are passionate about building user friendly, engaging customer interfaces and high scalable distributed systems. You are a growth-oriented person, continually honing your craft and keeping up with the best tools for the job. You listen to podcasts and read blogs, you attend (virtual) meetups and conferences, and you take courses. You are meticulous, building and shipping high quality and maintainable code using the latest technologies. You take pride in your work, so you always test it before shipping it. You are a team player. You inspire others to do their best work and can consistently be counted upon to deliver results.. You need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile environment. You have great communication skills, able to convey information to others in a simple and unambiguous way.
You’ll design and develop applications on a complex platform, you will be in control over the end-to-end software development process.
Umapped is the leading collaborative B2B2C trip management technology platform in the global travel industry. Our products help travel companies and professionals engage with their customers throughout the entire travel lifecycle.
The company’s core products include:
• Consumer facing web and mobile applications
• Trip Publisher, an online itinerary and proposal builder for travel professionals
• TripLinQ, a content and itinerary data interface accessed via API service
- Responsible for the design, development and testing of new features of the Umapped Technology platform (both mobile and server components).
- Improve the architecture and design of the infrastructure and software platform.
- Contribute to the ongoing support and monitoring of the technology infrastructure.
- Ability to navigate through a large complex codebase
- Ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results.
- Work closely with the team to define the business requirements for new projects
- Collaborate across team boundaries with other teams
- Communicate issues and technical roadblocks effectively
Our Core Technology:
- Languages: Java 8 and higher, Kotlin, Golang
- Scripting Languages: TypeScript, Groovy, Python
- JS based web frameworks - React JS
- SQL, NoSQL and graph databases and caching (PostgreSQL, DynamoDb, ElasticSearch, Redis, Neo4J, etc)
- 5-10+ years of experience on professional software development projects
- Familiarity with common web services protocols (HTTP 1, 2, 3, gRPC, WebSockets)
- Familiarity with common API standards (OpenAPI, GraphQL, XML Web Services)
- Application design and architecture
- Cross browser/Cross Device web development
- Web security best practices
- Understanding of common web security problems and solutions to secure applications
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (CDK, CDN, S3, EC2, SQS, Availability zones, Lambda, RDS Postgres etc)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools
- Experience in distributed and clustered environment (high availability, failover, replication, syncing)
- Build and Continuous deployment (Gradle/Maven/Puppet/Jenkins or equivalent)
- Testing Exposure (functional, automated, load, platform reliability)
- University/College Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Scala or other functional programming language an asset
- Experience in e-commerce platforms
- Exposure to native mobile development (IOS and Android)
- Exposure to React JS and React Mobile frameworks
- Play Framework 2.x
- Performance tuning and optimization experience
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, then APPLY NOW.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to search results Apply now