Contracting Executive – Japan
Job no: 508819
Work type: Full time
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Categories: Wholesale & Product
Contracting Executive – Japan
- Would you love to explore every inch of Japan?
- Do you like to work with a multicultural company that loves to embrace local experiences?
- Do you love the thrill of the hunt and get a buzz from win-win negotiations?
If this excites you then read on!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
About the Opportunity
Discova is looking for a Contracting Executive to join our Tokyo team in Japan. You will support the Contracting Team leader in delivery of elements combined to be effective and influential product development activities. We believe that a strong focus on develop the contract unique and irresistible product is the key to our success. If you have industry knowledge, passionate about Japan and a shark when it comes to negotiating with existing and new suppliers than we would love to hear from you!
- Live the product strategy ensuring Discova has a competitively priced and comprehensive offer matched to sales demand and targets.
- Conduct competitor research and benchmarking incoming contracts and promotion to ensure Discova’s offer is relevant, competitive, and unique for our different sales markets and partners.
- Work with key suppliers and Discova’s team to collect all needed tour information and picture material for product brochures.
- You will assist Leader with day to day key Product Sourcing activities.
- Enroll suppliers through the supply enrollment process and contact Suppliers to contract rates and availability.
- Live and breathe Responsible travel policies and encourage others to do the same.
- Develop lasting relationships with suppliers to ensure Discova’s clients receive excellent on-the-ground support.
- Consistently upskill and keep updated with all Discova Products and Services.
- A Bachelor Degree in Tourism, Sales & Marketing or 1+ years experience in Tourism Industry An understanding of the inner workings of the travel industry and comprehensive travel industry knowledge.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Japanese.
- Attention to details and preciseness in maintaining record and database.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and implementing change when needed.
- Excellent communicator to a diverse range of people (customers, suppliers, team members, leaders).
- Well-developed and problem-solving skill.
- Customer centric with commitment to high standards of service delivery.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills across culture.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Flexible rotating roster that may include late nights, weekends and early mornings and flexible with uncertainties/changing priorities and under pressure.
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now