Assistant Accountant - 12 month contract
Job no: 508816
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Finance & Strategy
About the team
The Jetmax division is one of FCTG's fastest growing divisions and was recognised as the best FCTG ecommerce brand globally in 2017. As part of Jetmax we have two brands; BYOjet.com and Aunt Betty which provide a unique and exciting opportunity for an up and coming Accountant to join a highly motivated and high performing finance team.
Based on the sunny Gold Coast in Surfers Paradise, this role provides a great opportunity to grow with the brand and develop a wide range of financial skills.
Jetmax is focused on growing globally in all FCTG markets. We currently are in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, UAE and the UK, with the view to rolling out across Ireland and South Africa in the coming months.
This hands-on role is ideal for a passionate and driven Assistant Accountant who is excited at the thought of a new challenge.
As this is a rapidly evolving business, the role will be varied and fluid. The general responsibilities are listed below. However, expect a multitude of different tasks along the way.
To accurately, effectively and efficiently record the financial operations of the organisation.
What you need:
The range of skills required includes:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of accounting to a high level
- Relevant prior experience in financial accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (PowerPivot, PowerQuery, PBI an advantage)
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- High level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Sound financial management capacity
- Able to work autonomously
- High level inter-personal skills and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Well-developed self-management abilities including time management and work practices
- Strong conceptual skills including the ability for analysis and problem solving
What you will be doing:
- Monitor balance sheet reconciliations for relevance and accuracy
- Prepare month end journals
- Supplier and revenue reconciliations
- Liaise with Commercial Analyst to supply data and verify accuracy of analysis
- Develop understanding of the mid-office system to aid in operational and financial process improvement
- Assist in preparation of BAS, PAYG and Payroll tax returns
- Administer banking and payment gateways
- Review and authorise accounts payables
- Assist in the management of customer refunds
- Provide guidance and training to other staff, including teams overseas
About the benefits:
- Travel discounts, health and wellness discounts (My Benefits)
- Leadership Programmes & further education
- Giving Bank & Volunteer Leave
- Employee share scheme
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now