Moneywise Global is a proud member of the Flight Centre Travel Group of Companies. Established over 25 years ago to offer a unique staff benefit, our services now reach Australian staff, present and past, SME clients and industry partners. Every year we help thousands of clients achieve their personal financial goals by providing financial literacy, expert financial planning, tax services, and home loan broking services.
Moneywise Tax offers employee, individual and business tax advice, accounting services, and tax return completion in a competitive fee model. The team is currently three headcount strong and growing with a casual payroll in peak tax return time. The Team processes 3,000 plus tax returns each year and is growing its SME services offer.
About the Opportunity
In this exciting Senior Tax Accountant role you will ensure the continued provision of first rate customer service and expertise. You will also work with leaders to grow the business internally within FCTG and externally.
· Provision of tax advice for individuals and businesses
· Lodgement of tax documents and statements with the ATO
· Preparation and review of tax returns for Individuals and businesses
· Preparation and review of Instalment and Business Activity Statements
· Identification of business growth opportunities, working together with leadership
· Role modelling behaviours of integrity, professionalism, trust and team contribution
· Ensuring systems and processes work to minimise risks to Moneywise, FCTG and all stakeholders of the Tax team and the Moneywise business
· Understanding and application of Australian Taxation legislation, laws and regulations, and applicable industry Codes of Practice
· Accountability to Business Leadership for delivery of KPIs
Who we are looking for:
· A highly motivated individual driven by personal and team goals
· An excellent communicator who works collaboratively to achieve shared goals
· A proven history of outstanding customer service
· Demonstrated process change experience with customer at front of mind
· Ability to influence others by presenting clear, well thought out positions
· Sound understanding of the Taxation industry in Australia and the business models driving success
· A forward looking, solution driven approach to problem solving and business opportunities
Qualifications and experience required:
· Relevant Degree with preference for CPA/CA
· Tax agent licence (highly regarded but not essential)
· XERO, MYOB and Handisoft experience preferred
· Minimum 4 years’ experience across preparation of individual and business tax returns and financial statements
· Generous remuneration structure
· Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, availability of an internal 24/7 gym
· Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
· Ongoing training and development
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018
If this sounds like the right role for you, apply today and join one of Australia's best known brands!