Umapped - Software Developer Engineer - Toronto
Job no: 508712
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
Software Developer Engineer - Toronto
Are you looking for a challenge to be part of scaling a growing global technology platform and business?
Umapped, a startup within Flight Centre Travel Group, is seeking a skilled and motivated Software Developer to join our Product and Engineering team to help us build an innovative new functionality for the Umapped itinerary management platform.
You’ll design and develop applications on a complex platform, and you are passionate about building new products and translating client's business requirements into specific systems, using the latest technology solutions.
The successful candidate will have an interest to be in control over the end-to-end software development process, a strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced Agile environment.
Umapped is the leading collaborative B2B2C trip management technology platform in the global travel industry. Our products help travel companies and professionals engage with their customers throughout the entire travel lifecycle.
The company’s core products include:
• Consumer-facing web and mobile applications
• Trip Publisher, an online itinerary and proposal builder for travel professionals
• TripLinQ, a content and itinerary data interface accessed via API service
- Responsible for the design, development and testing of new features of the Umapped Technology platform (both mobile and server components).
- Improve the architecture and design of the infrastructure and software platform.
- Contribute to the ongoing support and monitoring of the technology infrastructure.
- Ability to navigate through a large complex codebase
- Ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high-quality results.
- Work closely with the team to define the business requirements for new projects
- Collaborate across team boundaries with other teams
- Communicate issues and technical roadblocks effectively
Our Core Technology:
- Languages: Java 8 and higher, Kotlin, Golang
- Scripting Languages: TypeScript, Groovy, Python
- JS based web frameworks - React JS
- SQL, NoSQL and graph databases and caching (PostgreSQL, DynamoDb, ElasticSearch, Redis, Neo4J, etc)
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- API Design ( XML and JSON payloads)
- Application design and architecture
- Cross browser/Cross Device web development
- Web security best practices
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (CDK, CDN, S3, EC2, SQS, Availability zones, etc)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools
- Experience in distributed and clustered environment (high availability, failover, replication, syncing)
- Build and Continuous deployment (Gradle/Maven/Puppet/Jenkins or equivalent)
- Testing Exposure (functional, automated, load, platform reliability)
- University/College Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Scala or other functional programming language an asset
- Experience in e-commerce platforms
- Exposure to native mobile development (IOS and Android)
- Exposure to React JS and React Mobile frameworks
- Play Framework 2.x
- Performance tuning and optimization experience
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, then APPLY NOW.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to search results Apply now