Umapped - Front End Engineer - Toronto
Job no: 508710
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
Front End Engineer - Toronto
Are you looking for a challenge to be part of scaling a growing global technology platform and business?
Umapped, a startup within Flight Centre Travel Group, is seeking a skilled and motivated Front End Engineer to join our Product and Engineering team, to help us build highly interactive interfaces and innovative new functionality for the Umapped itinerary management platform.
The successful candidate is passionate about building user-friendly, engaging customer interfaces and highly scalable distributed systems for our customers. The Front End Engineer will work on cutting edge technology such as React, NodeJS, AWS, have strong technical skills, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced Agile environment.
Umapped is the leading collaborative B2B2C trip management technology platform in the global travel industry. Our products help travel companies and professionals engage with their customers throughout the entire travel lifecycle.
The company’s core products include:
• Consumer-facing web and mobile applications
• Trip Publisher, an online itinerary and proposal builder for travel professionals
• TripLinQ, a content and itinerary data interface accessed via API service
- Responsible for the design, development and testing of new features of the Umapped Technology platform.
- Contribute to the ongoing support and monitoring of the technology infrastructure.
- Ability to navigate through a large complex codebase.
- Build an intuitive experience and feel for our mobile and web applications.
- Converting UI/UX design into live code
- Ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high-quality results.
- Writing unit/e2e tests to ensure code quality and increase test coverage
- Work closely with the team to define the business requirements for new projects.
- Collaborate across team boundaries with other teams
- Communicate issues and technical roadblocks effectively
Our Core Technology:
- Languages: Java 8 and higher, Kotlin, Golang
- JS-based web frameworks - Material-UI w/ React JS
- SQL, NoSQL and graph databases and caching (PostgreSQL, DynamoDb, ElasticSearch, Redis, Neo4J, etc)
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Cross-browser/Cross-Device web development
- Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - React, Angular, Vue
- Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
- Testing Exposure (functional, automated, load, platform reliability)
- Drive and passion towards building great and sustainable code
- University/College Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience in e-commerce platforms
- Experience in the travel industry
- Exposure to native mobile development (IOS and Android)
- Exposure to React Native framework
- Experience with AWS technologies is preferred (Cloudfront, RDS, infrastructure)
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, then APPLY NOW.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Back to search results Apply now