We are looking for a passionate, motivated and skilled Mobile Engineer who further strengthens our mobile app team and helps us achieve and grow even more. As part of the mobile app team you will deliver quality and innovative solutions to delight our customers and achieve our strategic priorities.
What You’ll Do
● Design, build efficient, testable and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution
● Work across both iOS and Android apps, involving native Swift, Kotlin and Kotlin Mutliplatform. - Produces workable solutions to a range of problems - Applies problem-solving frameworks and use appropriate analytical tools - Present clear recommendations to management
Knowledge/Experience Requirements Essential
● You have at least 3 years professional experience in software development
● You have proven experience building, testing and releasing mobile apps
● You have strong experience in software testing from unit tests and UI tests
● You have a proven track record in leading by example and mentoring in code quality, standards, best practices, software design and architecture patterns
● You have a passion for supporting and enabling others to continuously improve and be more productive Desired
● Experience in building apps for online & offline, utilising APIs, real-time push notifications and consuming native APIs
● AWS cloud experience
● Experience with DevOps tooling & practices valuing a DevOps culture
● Experience working with Firebase
● Maintain compliance posture across systems ● Experience with observability tools, such as logging (Splunk, Kibana) and monitoring (New Relic)
● Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
● Own the quality of what we build, through testing, test automation and observability to ensure operational reliability and performance across our mobile apps.
● Collaborate in our cross-functional Product Management and Engineering teams to plan and deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment
● Take initiative and always look for ways in improving the quality of our solutions, code bases, technical debt, standards, processes and best practices
Who you are
● You have proven experience in software development, with recent experience in building iOS or Android mobile applications
● You’re passionate about software engineering best practices and know what it means to ship high-quality code that is maintainable and extendable
● You are a highly collaborative team-player who thrives in a team environment without being adversarial and can also work independently
● You have a growth mindset, embracing challenges to continuously improve and innovate
At Flight Centre, our vision is to open up the world for those who want to see and in digital commerce our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring digital experiences for our customers. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to make incredible ideas a reality.
Located conveniently in the heart of Southbank and the upcoming precinct for travel in Brisbane, Flight Centre Travel Group are fast growing market share and presence in a competitive world of digital travel. We work with some of the biggest flight and travel suppliers in the world to bring the widest and best product range to our customers' fingertips and bring travel to life. We work autonomously from anywhere and work collaboratively online or in the office to achieve our team goals.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, industry/social events, and the opportunity to attend global balls