UX/UI Product Designer
Job no: 508607
Brand: Flight Centre
Work type: Full time
Categories: Marketing, Web, Creative & UX, Information & Technology
Position: UX/UI Product Designer (intermediate Level) | Multiple Positions on offer
As a Product Designer in the Digital Commerce team at Flight Centre, you’ll contribute to the design of functional, engaging, and user-friendly digital experiences that truly delight our customers throughout the entire customer journey. In line with industry best practice and standards, you’ll create features and products that holistically balance the needs of our customers and the business.
Day to day, you’ll be:
- Contributing to the development of detailed Product experience designs from project inception, through to build and launch.
- Conducting user research activities including interviews, contextual enquiries, A/B testing, surveys, and metrics analysis.
- Contributing to the creation of UX deliverables including scenario mapping, user journeys and workflows, information architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes.
- Contributing to the design of Products that embody core user experience principles whilst balancing the needs of customers and the business.
- Planning and conducting face to face and remote usability studies of existing and proposed designs and documenting recommendations for improvement.
- Conducting heuristic reviews of existing workflows and documenting recommendations for improvements.
- Customer Focus
- Makes effective decisions and embraces change
- Teamwork and collaboration
Skills and Capabilities:
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Product Designer.
- Strong knowledge of user-centred design methodologies and techniques.
- Able to plan and conduct UX research.
- Able to validate design decisions and concepts with data and testing.
- Strong in foundational UI design.
- Experience using a design system such as Google Material or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present work to and get buy-in on project initiatives with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams.
- Thorough understanding of digital technologies and trends.
- Experience working with wireframing/prototyping tools.
- Experience with mobile-first responsive design.
- Good time management skills.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Degree qualified
- Good understanding of digital technologies and application development
- Omni-channel design experience
- Online retail or travel experience is highly desirable
- Experience working in Agile methodologies
- Accredited qualification in User Experience, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or similar
What’s in it for you?
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, industry/social events, and the opportunity to attend global balls
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018
If this sounds like the right role for you, apply today and join one of Australia's best known brands!
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now