Senior Accountant - Australian Reporting | Brisbane
Job no: 508385
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Operations & Professional Services, Finance & Strategy
Position: Senior Accountant- Australian Reporting
Location: Brisbane Head Office
At Flight Centre Travel Group we care about delivering amazing travel experiences. Our employees are highly trained experts, dedicated to opening up the world for those who want to see.
About the role:
This hands-on role is ideal for a passionate and driven Senior Accountant who is excited at the thought of a new challenge and excited to grow with our dynamic support business in our head office based in Brisbane.
To provide accounting support to the Australian Reporting Leader through delivery of accurate and timely month end results, forecasting and relevant financial reports;
To ensure that financial information is delivered in compliance with regulatory reporting and FCTG Group Accounting Policies; and
To ensure the highest level of financial controls are in place through preparation of reconciliations and adherence to internal policies and procedures.
- Month end close and preparation of financial reporting and analysis;
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations;
- Weekly Cash Flow Forecasting;
- Forecasting including 3 way modelling (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss and Cash Flow);
- Review intercompany transactions and eliminations;
- Review company structure changes;
- Provide assistance to external auditors at reporting periods; and
- Contribute to the development of new efficiencies to increase productivity within the team and across the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- CA/CPA or working towards;
- Min 3-5 years’ experience in a commercial environment;
- Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel and Powerpoint - Intermediate level required;
- Google Suite of products;
- Power BI experience an advantage
- Reports to Australian Reporting Leader;
- Internal Stakeholders: Finance Business Partner, Operations Leaders, GET (GFR, Tax, Legal); and
- External Stakeholders: Suppliers, Auditors.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, then APPLY NOW.
Applications are now open for review!
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now