StudentUniverse - Business Intelligence Analyst - Waltham, MA
Job no: 508345
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information & Technology
BI Manager/Lead Analyst (StudentUniverse)
Location: Waltham, MA
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Studentuniverse is the largest student focused travel website in the US, currently operating in America, the United Kingdom, Australia, with further global expansion plans this year. Our activities are predominantly online air travel, and we identify as a tech business, alongside a travel company. We’re looking for a BI Manager to join our small team, the right candidate will be passionate, creative and excited about data.
The position reports to the VP of BI and Pricing, and works toward the goal of strategizing, and implementing data-driven decision-making tools and reports. Sitting in Operations, the BI Manager supports and influences all business departments through analytical material. This is an ideal role for a deeply analytical individual who is a self-starter, a quick learner, and who enjoys structuring and solving problems.
- Management, development and technical support for existing business intelligence tools.
- Data visualization and reporting, supporting our self service business strategy.
- Ad hoc research, analysis and modeling for new initiatives and business ideas.
- Data quality investigations and solutions.
- Extractions, organization and feeds to our data warehouse and tableau (alone or in collaboration with DB engineer)
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in Data Science, Marketing or Business.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence.
- Strong SQL proficiency.
- eCommerce experience.
- Experience with data visualization tools, we work mainly with Tableau.
- Demonstrated expertise influencing business functions with data driven processes.
- A proven record of creative problem solving.
- Adaptability and learning agility, the ideal candidate will be comfortable operating in an environment with shifting priorities, and will be capable of contributing proactively in new and unfamiliar contexts.
Candidates with one or more of the following will be particularly competitive:
- Professional experience working in a related field.
- Knowledge/experience of statistics/machine learning.
- Data modeling capabilities.
Location: Waltham, MA
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Back to search results Apply now