Flight Centre Travel Group
Flight Centre Travel Group is one of the world’s largest travel agency groups, it has company-owned operations in 23 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries. It employs more than 19,000 people globally and has a total of 2800 businesses.
A newly created position as part of our new Regional Centre of Excellence for Data Protection, our Singapore based DPO is a Junior position which will focus on safeguarding our customers’ information through working with key stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain a privacy governance framework which complies with GDPR and relevant local legislation.
This role’s primary focus will be on supporting FCTG businesses primarily within Asia with the assistance of FCTG’s regional DPO network.
Supported by FCTG’s regional DPO network, your key focuses will be to:
● Work with the Group DPO and other regional DPOs to develop, implement and maintain FCTG’s continuous data privacy program, privacy policies, procedures and documentation, for the processing of personal data.
● Assist in implementing of data protection framework based on the FCTG group framework, but tailored for each individual business
● Collaborate with and assist business units and technology areas to develop corrective action plans for identified privacy compliance issues
● Drive understanding within the business of the need for data protection through education and awareness
● Assist in developing and embed efficient, repeatable and compliant global processes for Privacy and Data protection
● Develop a comprehensive Privacy and Data Protection risk register to inform and drive mitigation activities
● Work with procurement, vendor management and the legal department to ensure that thirdparty suppliers contracts and operating-level agreements meet international privacy requirements
● Lead the enterprise's response to privacy-related emergencies and other potentially damaging events and liaise with Flight Centre Travel Group's Chief Information Security Officer in matters relating to data breaches (including preparedness, prevention, impact mitigation and integral management of breaches)
● Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments, Privacy Impact Assessments, and Legitimate Interest Assessments as required
● Conduct process walkthroughs and investigations to identify areas at risk of non-compliance and document recommendations accordingly
● Provide reporting and visibility of data protection risks to Senior Management.
Skills & experience
● Basic Knowledge of GDPR regulations, local Asian data privacy laws and regulation
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels
● Advanced analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
● Highly competent English language skills (oral and written)
● Self-motivated and driven
● Knowledge of local Asian data privacy laws and regulation (Primarily Singapore PDPA)
● Professional qualifications
● Experience in designing and implementing privacy governance frameworks across multiple jurisdictions
● Certifications regarding Data Protection
Trainings will be provided, and career advancement will be in place for senior data protection appointments in the future.
This role will require travel throughout Asia and may also require long-haul international travel. This role will also require to be available for incident and emergency handling outside standard office hours.
Remuneration and benefits
● Remuneration in-line with market rate and experience
● Ongoing training and development
● Opportunity to work in a global company with global opportunities
● Monthly awards nights, conferences, social events, and the opportunity to attend global
awards internationally (Las Vegas in 2019)