Regional Financial Controller
Job no: 508191
Work type: Full time
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Categories: Wholesale & Product
Regional Financial Controller
- Are you passionate about the integrity of numbers?
- Do you thrive in the ability to assess the financial health of a multinational business?
- Are you ready to drive strategy at senior level and ensure excellent financial control as we accelerate our growth?
Then we want to hear from you!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with more than 20 years experience in delivering amazing travel experiences to our customers. With a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities, we are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
About the Opportunity
Discova is looking for a Regional Financial Controller to join the team in Vietnam. As a key member of the Finance leadership team, your role is to lead a high performing team that consistently delivers financial support for business leaders to help drive sustainable growth and probability. You will lead the finance function which provides reporting, compliance and business intelligence to Discova Asia Group at a sustainable cost. To be successful in this role you will need to have been previously successful in a financially complex business, you will need to be CA/CPA or similar qualified, have excellent communications skills to clearly articulate your expert financial advice to business stakeholders, have a strong leadership skill highly effective in engaging and influencing people, getting them involved in continuous improvement programs; ideally you’ll have experience on an executive team
- Financial Reporting month end reporting within fixed deadlines
- Assist the Director of Finance to develop and execute the Regional Finance plan.
- Prepare insightful analysis of actual results vs. budget and prior year for the group
- Play a crucial role in managing business changes from financial perspective, including projects, new company set up, changing in local legislation, changes in Group structure.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures and manage Regional finance cost budget.
- Provide financial modelling to support new business initiatives and decision making.
- Assist Business Leaders with budgeting and forecasting.
- Offer ideas and initiatives to the business to improve results and productivity.
- Create an environment where people feel supported, connected, and empowered
- Demonstrate constructive conflict resolution skills to ensure positive outcome for all and have ability to create vision and obtain by in from the team
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in finance and in a regional capacity would be an advantage
- CA/CPA designation (or equivalent) desirable.
- Fluent in written and verbal in both Vietnamese language and English.
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience in managing teams is required
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Customer centric with commitment to high standards of service delivery.
- High attention to detail & strong time/priority management skills
- Effective time/priority management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills across different cultures.
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!
Back to search results Apply now