VP/Head of Technology Service Delivery, Americas - Montvale, NJ
Job no: 506743
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: New Jersey
Categories: Information & Technology
Job Title - VP/Head of Technology Service Delivery, Americas
Area – Technology
Location – Toronto, Montvale, NJ
Travel – 10-20%
VP/Head of Technology Service Delivery, Americas
Summary of the role
This role is the leader of the Technology Service Delivery organization in the Americas for Flight Centre – 4000 users, 300 locations, US, CA & MX, seventeen different brands & businesses across multiple lines of business. Reports to CIO, Americas. Teams reporting to this role include (1) Service Desk (2) Field Services (3) Applications Services/support (4) Infrastructure Operations (5) Network Operations (6) Voice Telecom Operations and (7) Database Operations leading both internal and third-party resources. The reason for being – to lead the delivery of work class technology support services & solutions to our internal organization enabling increasing productivity & profitability. Based in Montvale, NJ or Toronto.
To be successful in this role
The successful candidate will be
- Obsessed with delivering great service & driving continuous improvement
- Very experienced in technology infrastructure & applications service delivery
- Heavily process centric - a true process thinker
- Servant leader that can build, develop and lead internal & external teams
- Team builder that is fun, hardworking and good sense of humour
Areas of Responsibility
- Create a world class service delivery organization
- Develop people through training, education and experience.
3.Create an example in not only Americas but in the FCTG world
Service Delivery Strategy & Architecture (10%)
- Create & present the overall Technology Service Delivery strategy & framework for the Americas
- Oversee ITIL service process architecture, including incident, problem, asset, knowledge, change, and configuration management
- Embed the above framework into the tooling platform required to systemize it.
Technology Service Delivery (25%)
- Continuously improve the level of services and the service portfolio
- Oversee ITIL service operations, including incident, problem, asset, knowledge, change, and configuration management
- Serve as the point of escalation for Service-related issues and questions
Service Level Management (15%)
- Establish the SLM framework that includes service levels & objectives that represent the expectation and requirements of stakeholders
- Ensure continual service improvement through the effective use of metrics in support of key performance indicators and critical success factor used to manage service delivery.
- Report & Publish service levels and drive organizational initiatives with data and metric driven decision making.
Project Delivery (10%)
- Following the FCTG Project Management framework to ensure projects are delivered on time, in scope and to budget
- Manage a mix of long-term projects and short-term service requests with a high degree of flexibility and effective delegation
- Identify & sponsor projects in the area of Service Delivery that bring value and improvement to the SD function
Vendor Management (15%)
- Vendor Management to ensure the outcome of true partnership models of operation
- Vendor performance and compliance monitoring and managing new vendor acquisition including RFI, RFP, RFQ and contract negotiations
- Identify new & alternative vendors
- Proven track record providing the highest levels of customer service to end users, including those at the executive level.
- Minimum of 15 years’ progressively responsible experience within IT operations including infrastructure and applications management
- Minimum of 10 years management of IT Service Desk and/or EUD management
- Minimum of 5 years’ management of IT Infrastructure Operations AND Minimum of 3 years’ management of Business Applications Support & Operations
- A strategic thinker who follows & understands trends in technology and can translate them into opportunities for ongoing improvement
- Deep understanding and applying ITIL processes relating to incident management, problem management, knowledge and change management
- Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent in the field of computer science, information systems, etc.
- Proven experience in project management, change management, and analytical skills
- Strong vendor management experience and abilities including in outsourced operations
- Proven track record of designing, documenting and implementing standard IT processes
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and workforce management.
Key Competencies/Certifications or Training
- Great leader of people and team with demonstrated experience leading technology support operations
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to team with others to develop and implement complex projects.
- Strong working knowledge of Service Desk and related technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Field Services and related technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Infrastructure Operations and related technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Network Operations and related technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Telecom Operations and related technologies
- Strong working knowledge of tooling such as ITSM/Ticketing/Event Mgmt., Monitoring systems
Analytical & Problem Solving
- Ability to investigate a problem and find a solution in a timely, efficient manner.
- Interact with our technology, legal, and business stakeholders to understand risks critical to infrastructure and define potential business impact. Prepare and distribute the monthly Wealth Management IT metric report designed to highlight potential risks in specific service domains (ex: Networking, Infrastructure, etc). Prepare the quarterly IT risk summary report to discuss with the CIO
- Bachelor’s degree
- ITIL Certified v3 or v4
- Relevant technical certifications
- Microsoft certifications for desktop, server and/or network
- Cisco certifications
Location: Montvale, NJ
FCTG USA is an affirmative action - equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Back to search results Apply now