Internal Auditor - New Malden
Job no: 506726
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Finance & Strategy
Flight Centre Travel Group, one of the world’s most successful travel selling companies is growing rapidly and we are looking for an Internal Auditor to be based in Head Office, New Malden (14 minutes from Clapham Junction).
As an Internal Auditor, you will work with a friendly and sociable team responsible for maintaining and enforcing a robust control framework in order to manage risk across the business. This will be done through monitoring of compliance with the established controls, notably the Financial Minimum Standards, and also by identifying any changes needed in those control policies. Further to this, you will be responsible for identifying other risks (regulatory, operational, financial and compliance) and working with the other areas of Finance or the business to implement and maintain controls to minimise those risks.
- Plan, conduct and conclude internal audits
- Proactively recommend changes to the risk framework, audit programme and key risk policies
- Challenge current processes and controls
- Respond to business priorities and changes
- Analyse data as required
- Carry out monthly remote audits to focus on key risks
- Identify any breach of Financial Minimum Standards
- Monitor compliance throughout the month and during external audits e.g. ATOL compliance
- Promote awareness of key compliance areas such as PCI DSS, GDPR etc.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with the capability of understanding new systems, an excellent communicator who is confident in building business relationships and able to work independently. You'll be either studying or qualified in a formal financial based qualification (Institute of Internal Auditors) with proven accounting or audit experience. We’re also looking for:
- Experience working in an Internal Audit role
- Studying or qualified with the
- Commercial awareness
- Flexibility to travel
- Intermediate or higher level Excel skills
- Experience in the travel industry is preferred
Salary and Benefits
For this role, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary, depending on experience, plus incentives. On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic benefits that Flight Centre Travel Group is renowned for.
Here is a taster of our benefits:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free Perkbox subscription for coffees, cinema tickets and more
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
'Flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for a combination of any of the following: flexible start and finish times, occasional working from another office and occasional home working.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now