Global Distribution Technical Writer - Virtual
Job no: 506148
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Virtual
Categories: Marketing, Web, Creative & UX
Global Distribution Technical Writer
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join the Global Airline Distribution team of one of the world’s top travel management companies, Flight Centre Travel Group.
As the Technical Writer, your responsibility will be to write content for all internal and customer facing distribution documentation. As the world of airline distribution evolves, Flight Centre remain at the forefront of industry collaboration and development and it’s important that we are able to explain the changes and benefits to our corporate customers and suppliers as well as to our staff.
This is a global role and we are looking for an individual who understands distribution technology, keeps themselves updated with the latest developments and industry initiatives, but is also able to communicate in a clear, simple to understand way.
The successful candidate will report directly to the EGM for Global Air Distribution and be part of the Global Air Distribution Team but will also work closely with other key stakeholders across multiple equity markets.
The successful candidate could be based in either USA, UK or Australia.
- Responsible for writing detailed, in depth documents on all aspects of NDC content. The written content will be shared with the various marketing and communications teams in the regions to create internal and external NDC documentation and communication. This will include detailed training documents, FAQs and internal documents.
- Keep updated with all aspects of airline distribution technology globally, including IATA’s NDC and ONE Order Programs. Remain abreast of competitor adoption plans, supplier accreditation, etc. in order to produce and maintain content.
- Understand FCTG Airline Distribution strategy and implementation plans globally for the purposes of document writing.
- Plan, edit and write “blue print” content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as regional staff intranet sites, monthly magazines and email. The content will need to be written in plain, simple English which will then be edited for the various markets and purposes.
- Write and edit content for a variety of external communication mediums, such as Customer Advisory Groups, websites and press releases.
- Work closely with other FCTG internal and external communication staff.
- Create presentations, diagrams, supporting documents, etc. which will be understood at all levels of the organization.
- Industry knowledge: You need to understand airline distribution and the role it plays in the relationships between airlines and agencies, including NDC and the changes that we will be dealing with over the next few years. Additionally, understanding the corporate travel sector will be critical to success in this role.
- Writing skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills and be able to take complex technical information and translate it into simple documentation that can be understood by non-technical audiences. Experience in a similar role would be preferred.
- Verbal skills: You also need strong speaking/communication.
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with all departments across a multi-national and multi-brand organization. You must possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Creative skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies for different brands, markets and consumers of the content.
- Digital skills: You need strong familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication.
Back to search results Apply now