At Flight Centre, we’re a great place to work. And we’re not just saying that. In fact, we’ve achieved 12th place in the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. So why not become one of our lovely Travel Consultants and experience it for yourself?
We are seeking a full-time Travel Consultant to join our friendly Woking team. We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who are ready for a career in travel - and not just a job. We might be biased, but we happen to think travel is the best industry! To join our travel-loving humans, you’ll need the drive to succeed in sales and an unwavering passion for exploring the world.
This varied Travel Consultant role will see you selling amazing travel experiences over a cuppa. You’ll inspire, inform and ultimately get people travelling. But never fear, before you begin your role, we'll give you all the training you need to boost your knowledge of worldwide travel, train you on airfares and sharpen your sales skills. You’ll then get to put this into practice in-store, tailor-making the perfect trip for every customer. Most importantly, we love our people, so you will receive ongoing training and development throughout your Flightie career.
We look after our people, so this is a unique opportunity to sell a product you love, while also benefiting from a generous bonus structure. When you begin your career, you’ll receive £20,000 in addition to your performance-related bonuses. The world really is your oyster as you will be in charge of your earning potential (average take-home salary of £28,000).
What You’ll Need
- Sales experience - this is essentially a sales role (the more you sell, the more you earn)
- Travel enthusiasm and experience – we need you to love the planet as much as we do, so you’ll have been to two or more continents outside of Europe
- Good IT skills – we aren’t chat bots, we are passionate about our personal travel experiences, but you’ll need to be able to pick up systems quickly to book the right holiday!
- Strong communication skills - you’ll need the gift of the gab to chat to customers
- Empathy – get to know customers, their travel style and budget, and have the ability to make them feel loved
- As people love to plan holidays over the weekend you'll need to be prepared to work Saturdays and Sundays (although you will only work 5 days a week on a roster basis).
Why Flight Centre?
Flight Centre is invested in its people. You are our greatest asset. Beyond our award-winning status, as a company it is the dedication to our team that keeps us on top of the industry ladder.
In fact, we offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Travel Consultant Apprenticeship Standard Level 3 training and certification
- Uncapped earnings
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Familiarisation trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Management and leadership training
- Free financial consultations
- Free Perkbox subscription – get free coffee, cinema tickets and more
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 4-week travel leave every 2 years
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.