Service Desk Analyst - New Malden
Job no: 505752
Brand: Flight Centre Technology
Work type: Full time
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Information & Technology
At Flight Centre, we’ve achieved 12th place in the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. We're dedicated to giving our staff fast IT support when it's needed and we've a fantastic opportunity for you to join our friendly IT team as a Service Desk Analyst in Head Office, New Malden (24 minutes from London Waterloo).
You'll provide telephone, email and face-to-face support to all Flight Centre employees on the full range of hardware and software utilised across our brands. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving end to end user help requests. Problem resolution will involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools. Service Desk Consultants are required to work within a shift pattern operating 08:00 to 18:00 seven days-a-week on a rota basis and, once trained; participate in a rota providing support outside of these hours (re-numerated).
Duties and Responsibilities for the Service Desk Analyst
- Provide effective and efficient support to our users while logging this information in our Service Desk management tool
- Problem solve through logical thought application
- Record, track, and document the Service Desk request problem-solving process
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organisation
- Apply hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
- Convey troubleshooting and resolution in a way that is understandable to non technical members of FCTG
- Provide out-of-hours ‘on call’ once for a week on a rotation basis.
- Ensure that Service Desk policies and procedures and best practices are implemented and adhered to
- Ensure that all calls and issues are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
- Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users
- Extensive experience of MS Windows 10, MS Office Suite, Office 365
- Experience of Active Directory, MS Exchange, Citrix Environment, Manage Engine
- Basic networking understanding; i.e DNS, DHCP
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- A can-do attitude to learn and support computer hardware, including adding and removing peripherals
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service orientation
The rewards and benefits
You'll receive a £30K OTE salary, whereby you'll be incentivised based on monthly targets. On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic benefits which include:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 4-week travel leave every 2 years
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies please
Back to search results Apply now