Assistant Accountant - 6 months - New Malden
Job no: 505737
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: New Malden, Surrey
Categories: Finance & Strategy
Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has grown to become one of the world’s largest travel agency groups. Known for being an award-winning company to work for, we pride ourselves on our people and our customers. Due to our growth and success, we have a great 6-month opportunity for an Assistant Accountant within our head office in New Malden, London (24 minutes from Waterloo).
This is a rare opportunity to be involved in a significant project, spanning several departments with senior stakeholder oversight. You will gain experience in developing new processes that enhance our financial control, be exposed to Finance system migrations, and have the opportunity to take full ownership of the bank reconciliation.
Using your prior AP and AR experience, you will be responsible for managing the entire bank reconciliation process for our events business. To be successful in this role, you will need to be prepared to work across multiple teams to resolve queries. As such strong interpersonal skills, a great personality, and a can do attitude are essential. This interim role will have three key deliverables:
- Completion of day to day bank reconciliations
- Investigation and resolution of aged, unreconciled balances
- Supporting the business and finance functions as we migrate Finance systems
- Completing the bank reconciliation
- Investigation of aged, unreconciled items
- Supporting the Management Accountant on ad-hoc tasks
- Review the current team processes and seek efficiencies
Experience and skills required
We are looking for someone who is accurate, deadline driven and detail-oriented, flexible and able to balance multiple priorities. Additionally, you would ideally have the following:
- Previous Accounts Payable and Receivable experience
- Intermediate level of Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs)
- Strong oral and written communication & good interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude
The rewards and benefits
For this Assistant Accounts role, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary. On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic benefits.
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
'Flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for example flexible start and finish times.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Back to search results Apply now