The award-winning Flight Centre is seeking a full-time Travel Consultant to join our wonderful Richmond team. We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who are ready for a career in travel (and not just a job). You’ll need the drive to succeed in sales and an unwavering passion for travel.
This varied Travel Consultant role will see you selling amazing travel experiences to your customers. Before you begin your role, we'll give you all the training you need to boost your knowledge of worldwide travel, train you on airfares and sharpen your sales skills. You’ll then get to put this into practice in-store but will receive ongoing training and development.
This is a unique opportunity to sell a product you love, while also benefiting from a generous bonus structure. When you begin your career, you’ll receive £20,000 in addition to your performance-related bonuses. The world really is your oyster as you will in charge of your earning potential (average take-home salary of £28,000).
What You’ll Need
- Sales experience - this is essentially a sales role (the more you sell, the more you earn)
- Travel enthusiasm and experience - to two or more continents outside of Europe
- Good IT skills - able to pick up systems quickly
- Strong communication skills - being articulate is key to speaking to our customers
- Empathy - the ability to make your customers feel loved
As our stores are popular on the weekend, you'll need to be prepared to work weekends (although you will only work 5 days a week on a roster basis).
Why Flight Centre?
Flight Centre regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. It is the dedication to our team that keeps the company on top of the industry ladder. That’s why we offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Travel Consultant Apprenticeship Standard Level 3 training and certification
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Awesome social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 4-week travel leave every 2 years
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here in the UK, we’re proud to work alongside the best people in the industry, so whether you’re just starting your travel career or you’re looking for a new challenge, we have a place for you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.